Fuck Elon Musk (Part 2)

3 Likes

This is not just the bitter cold, but is also a symptom of the small number of Tesla superchargers within the Chicago city limits. I’ve circled the one in the report. Its basically the only one on the South Side.

ETA: care to guess where the richer people live?

5 Likes

20240117_071354

2 Likes

Did they call AAA for a boost?

1ab357805825ac7a809d4634549d2388

3 Likes

Elon Musk says his ambitions to make Tesla more than just an automaker depend on him gaining far more control over the company. The controversial CEO took to his social media platform X to say that unless he is awarded another 12 percent of the company, which would give him ownership of 25 percent of Tesla, he would be “uncomfortable growing Tesla to be a leader in AI & robotics.”

2 Likes

I’m sure this violates his Twitter sitter agreement, not to mention his fiduciary duties as CEO of Tesla. Since when does the CEO of a company openly threaten to spin up a direct competitor to that company. Even vulture capitalism isn’t this blatant. I hope he gets his ass kicked by the board of directors and Tesla (along with Musk) loses a crapload of value as a result. It would serve him right.

5 Likes

Any functional board would fire him for that kind of blackmail.

9 Likes

Not only fire, but sue him.

My expectations for this board are so low that the bar is “not do anything”, but they’ll probably cave.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Image by Freepik

4 Likes

The Back to the Future franchise probably created unrealistic expectations for how well a stainless steel automobile will maintain a finish. That DeLorean was still looking pretty good even after being sealed up in an abandoned mine for 70 years.

5 Likes
4 Likes

and everyone knew that long before now.

eta: oh god. i actually bothered to watch the “drive feel” part. and his “review” is “driving is both great and terrible at the same time.” ( that’s the actual quote ) – and, several times: once they fix things, it’s going to be much better.

why are people so terrified of simply saying it’s bad?!

8 Likes

Probably hard to hold down a job as someone who reviews electric vehicles once you’ve burned your bridges with Tesla.

5 Likes

And once those bridges start burning, you have no way to stop them!

6 Likes

Tesla’s Cybertruck Can’t Beat A New Porsche 911 In The 1/4 Mile (Towing)

During Tesla’s Cybertruck delivery event, they showcased the Cybertruck performing stunts to show it’s performance capabilities versus the competition. One of those stunts was a drag race against a Porsche 911, while towing a Porsche 911. Insane, yes! Elon Musk claimed “it can tow a Porsche 911 across the 1/4 mile faster than the Porsche 911 can go by itself" after showing a clip of it beating a Porsche 911 in an 1/8th mile drag race. Fair statement? Not exactly.

This video seeks to answer the question: which car is really faster in the 1/4 mile, a 2023 Porsche 911, or Tesla’s Cybertruck towing a 911? We’ll use real world data, along with some math to find the answer.

5 Likes

I don’t think its possible to have a No Assholes policy and be a billionaire. And if you’re Elno Musk? Game Over!

1 Like
1 Like

surprise, surprise…not.

info from The Boring Company’s site seems to suggest there will be a per-mile cost to use them

That is a stupid idea for public transport. It only discourages its use for actually getting around. There is a reason the pricing structure for every public transport network is based on zones. It works.

Almost as if they didn’t actually have any interest in providing public transport for the good of society as a whole…

4 Likes