Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Or in Avenue 5…

3 Likes

yeah, it seems like a nonsense way to say “i don’t know, i just did it” which is the exact opposite of reasoned decision making. a pseudo intellectual veneer on the “cop who goes with his gut.”

there’s definitely a strong undercurrent “instinct” beats “knowledge” in america, when in reality instinct arises out of knowledge.

9 Likes

He probably needs to get his neurolink installed immediately.

8 Likes

Has the legality of anything actually stopped him before? He put murder cars on the roads that drive themselves and has had numerous recalls. He’s going to start chipping people and killing them too in the next few years. Can he afford the fines, or to distract long enough to avoid paying them? If the answer to that is yes, then, it doesn’t matter what the legality looks like, he’s just going to do it.

4 Likes

13 Likes

Reading more about it, the company they work for, Flagship, had a contract which was expiring on this Friday. They claim they were locked out of the building this past Friday. It seems they began picketing over Twitter not just failing to bargain, but also not offering to re-hire them during the transition to a new contractor, as required by California law. For that little extra bit of Ebenezer Scrooge this is happening just before Christmas.

It seems a little weird to me that Twitter would give janitors badge access during weekends, but not impossible. If Flagship’s contract prohibited them from striking, then it would not be legal, but if they’re already locked out they can’t do the job, anyway. Twitter waited until sometime on Monday to terminate the contract, according to California Labor Federation.

7 Likes

Musk doesn’t understand advertising on his own platform.

5 Likes

It is incredibly disappointing that Apple has not actually stopped advertising on Twitter as Elon Musk feared they had.

They are afraid their brand could be harmed if their ads appear next to tweets about a mass shooting but not when their ads appear next to tweets promoting racist violence? Get the fuck out of here, Tim Cook.

13 Likes

“I bought Twitter on impulse, and I don’t really know why I did that…” is a much, much shorter way to say Elon said in those three paragraphs. The “biological neural net” stuff is just trying to say it in a more techno-cool way, and his rambling about group think, free speech, saving civilisation and this “building for some time” is just ego-boosting bullshit that he may or may not realise is bullshit to try and justify why he made the world’s most expensive impulse buy.

6 Likes

In November, a team manager at Twitter wrote to AskAManger seeking advice about weighing the risks of resigning against the chances of keeping benefits if laid off. Green posted an update from that former employee with a rough timeline of what it was like from October 27th until November 17th.

4 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes

15 Likes

At this point I feel that my philosophy of “never trust a man with hair transplants” has been thoroughly vindicated.

7 Likes

Nick seems nice…
Nicolas Cage Hair GIF

7 Likes

Is he planning on launching Ark A first, with (of course) himself on it?

Now that most people have cell phones, they’re unlikely to get wiped out by a telephone handset disease. Haywire Neuralink devices instead?

5 Likes

transformed humanity’s greatest invention

Sarcastic Joke GIF

Do people REALLY believe that? I mean… not farming, or penicillin or inclined planes or language or the accordian or clothes, etc, etc… but the internet is humanities greatest invention? Given what they’re pushing back against, obviously not.

11 Likes

Prell. It’s unbreakable.

4 Likes

Creating a clean, potable water system into people’s homes and workplaces has my vote.

11 Likes

Perhaps even more important is a functional sewage system, especially in urban areas. If I had a choice between having running water in my home but everyone emptying chamber pots in the street, vs having to carry in water from a well but having a good municipal sewage system, I think I’d choose the latter.

7 Likes