Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

Even using the Test environment doesn’t always help.

Ops problem now

12 Likes

Force feeding users his tweets is Elon’s kink?

@bestofdyingtwit "'That's not the truth, Ellen' (Lists are public by default)" above quote tweet by owner of Twitter telling someone "...accounts you follow on Lists are private."

Also, while you can make a list private, I know an account would receive a notification when it was added to a public one. Anyway, it’s not a great sign that Elon has any interest in the last bastion from advertising on that site.

Especially if he asks somebody about it.

5 Likes

In a filing made to the Securities and Exchange Commission, the billionaire revealed the donations, most of which were clustered toward the end of the year, which suggests that tax planning may have played a role. At Tuesday’s closing price for Tesla TSLA, 1.02%, the donations were worth $2.42 billion.

Musk didn’t disclose the recipient.

However, last year’s Tesla stock donations worth $5.7 billion were found by Bloomberg to have entirely been sent to his personal foundation.

7 Likes
8 Likes

Tesla’s response really shouldn’t be called a recall.

From the NHTSA’s Safety Recall Report

Description of Remedy Program:
Tesla will deploy an over-the-air (“OTA”) software update at no cost to the
customer. The OTA update, which we expect to deploy in the coming
weeks, will improve how FSD Beta negotiates certain driving maneuvers
during the conditions described above.

Tesla does not plan to include a statement in the Part 577 owner
notification about pre-notice reimbursement because there are no out of
warranty repairs related to these conditions.

So, they’re not taking back vehicles and it doesn’t look like they’re removing the software. They’re going to claim they have fixed the problem by changing the software and keep going.

5 Likes

Blech. I was hoping it was disabling of the software, which is what it really should be.

5 Likes
10 Likes

4bfd4494d0e75070

8 Likes

7 Likes

My gut feel on this isn’t that this isn’t a “perk” of blue, but just a cost saving measure limiting the number of texts they send and they’re trying to spin it.

IMHO, nobody should be able to use SMS-based two-factor, it’s riddled enough with issues as it is. They already support authenticators, so just limit it to that.

3 Likes

“Slightly worse”

Well that’s got be be reassuring to the US government.

3 Likes
5 Likes

If I was an advertiser, I’d be thinking that none of the numbers from Twitter are worth tuppence now.

10 Likes

“… you can’t sue us because there is always new software after the time you file any lawsuit” :crazy_face:

4 Likes

If twitter blue is to mean anything, one must believe that the remainder of the accounts are unverified, unsecure, and controlled by bad actors. This might strengthen that impression.

4 Likes

Except that they are only charging for SMS Two-Factor. Using an authentication app for Two-Factor is still free.

SMS is much less secure, being vulnerable to SIM swapping. It even happened to Jack a few years ago. This does nothing to make Blue more secure. It just means that now only people with Blue can have a false sense of security. Normal accounts can easily be more secure than SMS Two-Factor provides.

Of course from a security standpoint none of this actually matters practically, since the stats show that only 2.6% of Twitter users have two-factor enabled and of those, 74% use SMS Two-Factor

5 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes

And it looks like they’re already fucking it up.

https://martinfowler.com/articles/202302-twitter-auth.html

5 Likes