Fuck Elon Musk (Part 1)

From the precautions they took, they probably suspected it would be bad.

nt645b_2048x2048

2 Likes

I left out the bit about Twitter not being the only platform studied, and there’s a reply to which Stamos confirmed they will also have a report about CSAM on Mastodon. I’ll speculate that their methodology is partly that they didn’t want to implicate Stanford in storing or transmitting it. It also seems like they were being objective about what’s classified as CSAM; if they could build an automated tool to detect these samples, then Twitter (and other platforms) should be able to.

Thinking about this some more, I can’t help but wonder if Twitter’s automated tools might have used PhotoDNA up until Elon’s spat over Microsoft & OpenAI, or whether he stopped paying the bill well before starting his own AI company in April.

4 Likes

Well, here in Alabama, it can happen. But what can you do? Here’s what Ms. Pane thinks of this:

It’s the crazy people who take their cues from people like Musk. And Trump. And all the others. That legal stuff will suck, and suck bad. But the crazy people. They’re the problem.

ETA:

“. . . two dads are fighting back.”

8 Likes

In Alabama some of those crazy people are in the state government.

3 Likes

I agree, but if this stuff does reach a tipping point, the legal stuff will start to go the other way, I’d argue.

Uh Huh Reaction GIF by Originals

6 Likes

So they call us mentally ill while simultaneously making it illegal to provide us therapy. But no, it’s not genocide. Fuck right off, 'phobes.

8 Likes

And if we are determined mentally ill by them - the ADA applies.

8 Likes

I know I shouldn’t expect logical consistency when their issue is entire non-logical, but it’s so hard to not point out the hypocrisy… truth is they just want us gone by any means necessary.

6 Likes

Jesse Helms wrote in an exclusion for transgender people to prevent coverage- but the DSM diagnosis cited no longer exists.

I lobbied his office back in the day during trans lobby days. Fun.

8 Likes

Now there was an obituary I read with great pleasure.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Stanford Internet Observatory raises alarm over ‘serious failings with the child protection systems at Twitter’

3 Likes

Screams of quality.

3 Likes
7 Likes

“handing a tough challenge a sinking ship, engulfed in flames to its new chief executive.”

isn’t the captain supposed to go down with the ship, asked the new ceo.

yes, said elon. that’s why you’re captain now.

7 Likes

11 Likes
4 Likes

“Advertisers want to run in an environment where they are comfortable and can send a signal about their brand.”

This is fine.

3 Likes

How long until his inflated ego makes that impossible.

6 Likes
2 Likes