Fuck Today, Continued

Since we don’t have a thread for this particular flavour of social media fuckery:

9 Likes

Sounds like a good name for a . . . .

6 Likes

We do have now.

https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/miscellaneous-social-media-fuckery

7 Likes
17 Likes
10 Likes

Happy to repeat myself here, but it’s time to put a retail front end on the national banks as a public service for the basics.

3 Likes

No one needs 30 rifles that were designed for the military to add to those firearms they already own. I hope they’re looking at this guy and whether he’s associated with any violence supporting groups.

16 Likes
15 Likes
12 Likes

Harvard’s Status as Wealthiest School Faces Oil-Rich Contender in the University of Texas

The Texas university system is unlike other colleges because of its oil-rich land that’s driving record revenue this year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2022-harvard-university-of-texas-richest-college-oil-endowments/

Yet somehow, this public university doesn’t have free tuition. It’s higher than the average public uni tuition. :woman_shrugging:

17 Likes

That’s the first lesson they teach to incoming students.

11 Likes

University commencement speakers

16 Likes

Wow. I thought they had free tuition for TX high school students. I had a junior student in my AP class (2008) who strategically moved to TX the summer before his senior year because he said that U of T Austin gives free tuition to state residents who have good grades. Now I wonder if he was just justifying his move because he was the most negative, gossipy student? He pretty much burned his bridges among his peers.

6 Likes

Cross post in responsible gun ownership.

10 Likes

Yup, brilliant!

5 Likes
5 Likes

Lost my phone, so but find my phone said it was in the house. Looked around and couldn’t find it so I played a sound, eventually tracked it to the washing machine where I’d just run a load of sheets. It’s damaged, but still working. Hoping I can salvage it.

18 Likes

I’ve been there.

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

15 Likes

In her washing machine?

17 Likes

Animated GIF

13 Likes