Fuck Today, Continued

Did that the other week with the car key, aka the fancy remote thing with more tech in it than my first computer. It survived.

11 Likes

I was surprised it was still working after going through the cycle. There’s definitely some water under the screen though, so I turned it off and am hoping it’ll dry out without much damage.

11 Likes

Got any silica kitty litter? Dries out tech a treat.

8 Likes

I save the “do not eat” silica packets for emergencies like this. Seems that they’re better than uncooked rice solution for absorbing moisture from things that shouldn’t be m.o.i.s.t.

13 Likes

Season 2 Idea GIF by Portlandia

9 Likes

Yup. Really useful. And sort of free1).

(1) Most of my current stash came with Covid tests… But that is, as the saying goes, another counselling session.)

12 Likes
8 Likes
16 Likes

The body of the last member of the Tanaru tribe was found by the National Indian Foundation (Funai) on August 23. The man known as the “lone Indian” or “Hole Indian” had been living alone for nearly 30 years, after the last of his people were killed by ranchers.

16 Likes

How horrible for him, to have been the last of his kind. Especially for that long. 30 years without your loved ones is rough…

17 Likes

Yes.

This news made me very Sad. I cannot imagine his sorrow and pain.

16 Likes

Just because the right wing is so homophobic and transphobic it doesn’t mean that LGBTQI+ people aren’t bigoted. It means there are LGBTQI+ bigots who have no other place to go.

It doesn’t help that a lot of the bouncers aren’t LGBTQI+ either.

10 Likes
14 Likes
15 Likes

To use a different browser would be quite Brave.

17 Likes

In his remarks the Serbian leader told reporters that his government had come under intense pressure from far right-wing groups and the leadership of the Serbian Orthodox Church to cancel the event. Vucic acknowledged that LGBTQ rights and people in the Balkan nation were under siege and threatened. However he deflected on the issue.

Reaction to the Serbian leader’s remarks was swift with the European Pride Organizers Association that licenses EuroPride writing in a statementthat any ban would be in violation of articles of the European Convention of Human Rights in regards to human rights and protections for sexual minorities.

“President Vucic cannot cancel someone else’s event. EuroPride is not cancelled, and will not be cancelled,” European Pride Organizers Association President Kristine Garina said.

“During the bidding process for EuroPride 2022, (the) Prime Minister of Serbia, Ana Brnabic promised the full support of the Serbian government for EuroPride in Belgrade, and we expect that promise to be honored,” she said

11 Likes
4 Likes

WTAF, Mississippi?

15 Likes

I mean, in Tijuana during the summer months, water rationing is a standard inconvenience. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

ETA: (flipping tables)

9 Likes