Fuck Today, Continued

16 Likes

Angry Twin Peaks GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

8 Likes
9 Likes
18 Likes

15 Likes

What the hell!

I havd never heard of such a thing. Good Lord!

18 Likes

Gah!

The nurse also told the outlet that Brown mentioned her family had a taxidermy shop, where she said she intended to preserve the foot and put it on display with a sign that reads, ā€œwear your boots kids.ā€

:pleading_face:

14 Likes
14 Likes

The Preppers Were Right All Along

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2022-11-06/climate-change-is-launching-a-new-generation-of-preppers

https://archive.ph/VkJmC

I have yet to invest in survival food products myself, in part because Iā€™m optimistic enough to believe that we wonā€™t need them. But I know a growing number of people buying into the survival food trend. Iā€™d first heard about ReadyWise from my cousin-in-law, a former cop in Zionsville, Indiana, who had stashed a supply of the startupā€™s products in his basement that could sustain his family for six months. My stepbrother, a business executive who lives in downtown Washington, has invested in a one-year supply of drinking water and long-storage food. And my brother, a leading climate scientist, has also begun building a supply in the basement of his West Virginia cabin. He reminds me regularly that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicts an increase in average global temperatures of at least 4 degrees Fahrenheit by the end of this century. ā€œI canā€™t imagine anything worse than not being able to feed my kids,ā€ he told me. ā€œAnd the probability of major environmental interruptions in our food supply in our lifetimes is, by almost all accounts, rising.ā€

10 Likes

As a friend says - you donā€™t need those expensive kits for everything - buy in bulk and rotate it out. A 25 lb bag of rice and beans etc.

Iā€™d go with a good water filter rather than trying to store a years worth. But I live apartment style.

14 Likes

We got life straws, including one of the big hanging ones, after the big Texas freeze. In case that happens again and the water goes out.

13 Likes

And spices! That emergency food will be pretty bland without them.

17 Likes

Welcome to the desert of the bland!

Art Film GIF by Tech Noir

13 Likes

Itā€™s the rotating out that gets fun; weā€™re still working through the COVID supplies. I advertised Saturdayā€™s dinner as ā€œPois Chiches in a tomato ratatouille with seasoned beef and freshly ground spices.ā€

The kids call it ā€œBombshelter Beansā€. :roll_eyes:

ā€œSeasoned Beefā€ ā†’ Corned Beef. I opened a can a while back only to have my daughter complain that it smelled like cat foot. I protested that the British Empire was built on such hearty fare, only to look down to see a drooling cat at my feet. :man_facepalming:

18 Likes

You know weā€™re near the end when the cats go cannibal.

10 Likes

If you have access to creek or river water (or a spring) the Big Berkey fliters are excellent. A bit pricy, but worth it.

6 Likes

I picked up one of these when the pandemic started. In case Iā€™m traveling. Or on the run from the authorities. :grimacing:

10 Likes

Dehydrated food wonā€™t mean much without potable water, which will be (in some cases already is) the first thing to go.

9 Likes

One way to survive on seawater:

9 Likes

If Iā€™m going to take a long ocean sail - Iā€™d rather make sure the ship was properly equipped.

8 Likes