Fuck Today, Continued

Yum yum!

9 Spring Cleaning Tips To Help You Stay Motivated As You Tackle Your ...

7 Likes

I’ve done a trip with one of these things. They’re neat. I didn’t even know they were a thing and when I saw it, it felt like something out of a movie (not water world, though, we didn’t treat that water.

6 Likes

This is why I make beer.

13 Likes

Reminds me of an episode of a short-lived show called The Raft. Watching the difference between the team that used one of these and the team that decided to use “alternative methods” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: was really startling (and scary)!

7 Likes

I’m trying to get my head around what anyone would be storing a year’s supply of water for.

Any disaster that keeps me away from potable water for a year is to me a disaster that is either non-recoverable from or at very least a sign that my current location is uninhabitable and I should move.

What kind of disaster are people envisaging that a year’s supply makes any sense?

12 Likes

831a0b2abc151f2073df637c28c1a282

You will be welcome in my sietch. Let your water mingle with ours

15 Likes

Zombie apocalypse? The nukes flying?

Really- I think people have an idea that they’ll have to fort up and protect themselves from their neighbors. When if it does get that bad - cooperation and preparation is what saves you after the excrement hits the oscillating air conveyance.

Stocking up for an emergency is a good idea. And can help outside of emergencies if the economy tanks, there’s a pandemic, you get sick or lose employment. Not helping each other if everything breaks down is a living death. And a short one at that. That stockpile won’t last forever.

17 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

That is what far too many of those prepper types don’t get. Yes, being prepared and having what you need to survive on-hand matters… but human beings are built for community. We need each other to survive. A family alone isn’t going to get far without larger community support.

16 Likes

Better add in a very good first aid kit to your stockpile.

16 Likes

FWIW, I really like this one for my regular outdoor adventures:

And I could use my Medical Bennies card to buy it.

9 Likes
14 Likes

Angry Ufc GIF

8 Likes

That ain’t good!

11 Likes

Absolutely horrid.

20 Likes

Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

7 Likes

Ok, it’s time to name and shame the execs involved. A boycott sounds good, too.

the company rejected the Department of Labor’s claims, suggesting children may have lied about their age.

15 Likes
17 Likes

Although i live in a very Republican area, it is also a rural, agricultural one where helping neighbors is deeply engrained into the community ethos. I don’t vote like most of my neighbors, but we all help each other out whenever there is a need. The idea of solo survival is a myth. No one can have all the skills and knowledge needed for even a short term disaster. The derecho of last decade showed that, and how quickly people can come together here. I feel bad for those who have bought into the “lone wolf” narrative. I feel worse if they have drug their families into it as well.

18 Likes

Or a doc who knows how to work with what can be grown and made locally! (Again, community. Medical stuff? That’s all me. Anything mechanical? Umm, i know what a wrench is…)

16 Likes

rupauls drag race bingo GIF

15 Likes