Fuck Today, Continued

13 Likes
12 Likes

I’m trying to imagine someone saying this in the U.S.:

Hakkarainen noted that it is good that victims are seeking assistance. The more people seek help, the less chronic trauma occurs, which in turn can often cause depression, anxiety and fear.

“If the increased number of visitors indicates a lowered threshold for seeking treatment, that is a good thing,” he said.

14 Likes

Was wondering why the Blue Cross Blue Shield Illinois website was kicking me out every time I tried to log in. Call the help desk… you have to use Chrome. Not Firefox, not Chromium, but Chrome (about to become the next IE6).

5 Likes

That’s some really bad programming.

6 Likes

Don’t take your one year old on a long hike through high elevation in remote areas without cell reception in 109 degree heat.

18 Likes

Female Crewmember Dies After Prop Gun Misfire On New Mexico Set Of Alec Baldwin Film ‘Rust’

Jensen Ackles also on production.

11 Likes

How awful for everyone involved.

14 Likes
15 Likes

Essential Oil

But… but… my Christian faith healer told me essential oils are GOOD!!! /s

5 Likes
13 Likes

Now I want to see this play:

13 Likes

Well, that might solve the mystery of how zn Asian soil bacteria was killing people here, and if it was manufactured in Asia, that could close the loop. Interesting if true.

6 Likes

on the somewhat brighter side, the kids have already raised twice the money they were hoping for so that they can put on the production themselves as community theater

not that it should ever have been cancelled in the first place. to quote one of the dads in that article:

“All they would have had to do if they objected to something in the play was not go to the play”

me too!

12 Likes
9 Likes

I was unaware of this. Absolutely disgusting. Vile, and foul.

16 Likes

Gross. Literally:

photographer Gary Gross took the photos.

Gross.
I recently rewatched The Blue Lagoon and was thinking how so much of it simply would not fly today, and was glad.

13 Likes

There’s so much wrong with this.

Gross described Brooke Shields as as a young vamp and a harlot, a seasoned sexual veteran, a provocative child-woman, an erotic and sensual sex symbol, the Lolita of her generation.

She effing 10 years old.

And

In 1975, when Brooke was 10-years-old Playboy commissioned a nude photoshoot of her for their now defunct “Sugar ‘n’ Spice” brand. The Sugar ‘n’ Spice publication was described by Playboy as “surprising and sensuous images of women”. Brooke’s issue also included photos and descriptions of “nymphets” and “attractively and sexually mature young girls.”

Again, she was 10. The other girls were young- and pre-teens.

Words fail.

21 Likes

Given Brooke Shields’ film career and comments her mother made about projects she consented to when her daughter was a minor, I’m not shocked. Disgusted, but not shocked.

18 Likes

A ten year old seasoned… sex … veteran?

That statement is completely horrific.

18 Likes