Fuck Today, Continued

Where the hell is that brain bleach? Holy shit, that is horrific, and indictable in most jurisdictions, I would hope.

mike huckabee moments GIF

12 Likes

Screaming works.
Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

5 Likes

Today’s weird supply chain issue: magnesium.

I wanted to rant a bit about the downsides of off-shoring slave labour as a key to the current economic model’s success, but we might be on-shoring sooner than we think.

8 Likes

And further to the “you pretend to pay us, we pretend to work” dynamic that is entrenched in our current capitalist economy (pro tip: Costco doesn’t take stock options and Employee of the Month awards):

9 Likes
7 Likes

so if i’m reading that right: they got pulled over for some traffic violation and told the cops they were heading to pick up money from dispensaries. the cops then later pulled them over with no pretext… just to get the money!?

another reason not to talk to the cops about anything. :face_with_head_bandage:

A drug dog later “alerted to the odor of marijuana coming from the currency,” the DEA agent wrote, and “the smell of marijuana is a controlled substance and illegal under both federal and Kansas state law.”

6 Likes

When I was young, Kansas cops would take your weed and go, presumably to smoke it themselves. It’s part of the pattern.

8 Likes

I feel their pain. Truly.

1 Like
12 Likes
12 Likes

I don’t know how to feel about that one…

3 Likes

I have pretty strong feelings about human sacrifice.

14 Likes

But seriously, that is horror movie shit.

They arrested the leader but it sounds like the whole church was participating in the murders.

3 Likes

Pastor Kevin Smith

Wait, what?

kevin smith dogma GIF

6 Likes

Meemaw is under pressure from the right on this one. Two huge institutions–U. Alabama and Auburn–have announced vaccine requirements. The requirements are in response to the realization that hundreds of millions of dollars in federal grants and contracts will be lost if they don’t follow the federal vaccine mandate. So, the state needs the money. But it also wants to defy the mandate. So her executive order is pretty narrowly targeted–state institutions can’t penalize anyone for ignoring the federal mandate. It also requires the state institutions to notify people that Alabama opposes the mandates.

At the same time, the Alabama State Attorney General is preparing to sue the federal government over this. It won’t go anywhere, of course. It is long established that the Federal government can attach strings to federal money, because states always have the option of refusing the money if they want.

9 Likes
12 Likes

So socialized medicine isn’t really socialized medicine, even in Finland? :angry:

8 Likes

I guess it’s more about the extra costs that welfare just can’t cover…

2 Likes

Just won’t, I’d say. Those who control “welfare” can make it cover just about anything.

8 Likes

Yeah, it seems the money you get from welfare just isn’t designed with the extra costs that things like cancer can incur… probably by design :frowning:

2 Likes