Fuck Today, Continued

Kind of a mild fuck today, but another ATL landmark closing down (largely due to gentrification)…

The local NPR station had a remembrance from a guy who worked there as a kid - it’s the last bit on this news brief:

And here is more on the theater and it’s history:

12 Likes

Because autistic women: all of the exploitable traits of autistic men, and only 50% of the social dysfunction while at the office! (Who cares how hard they crash when they get home, right?)

/s

I am so, so, so very tired of organisations who are “helping” autists by selling us as useful savant drones to the accounting and IT departments, who are guaranteed not to have the social nous to be a threat in seeking promotion or in departmental politics.

17 Likes

My first thought was they’d probably pay 50% less in salary. I wish there was a list of firms that exploit workers like this, because it seems that the only way to stop them is to cut off their supply of employees.

12 Likes
12 Likes
9 Likes

I’d say fuck us - but we’re already being fucked on healthcare.

16 Likes
14 Likes

Fighting for Palestinian rights =/= Antisemitism

13 Likes

Tampere sees rise in street robberies

Tampere-based Aamulehti writes that police in the city are concerned about a significant rise in the number of street robberies over the past few months.

The thefts usually take place on a weekend night, the victims are often drunk, and police believe the perpetrators are aged between 15 and 20.

Markus Antila of the Central Finland Police Department explains to Aamulehti how the incidents normally play out.

“In groups of one to four people, young men usually approach the person and then first ask for money, a mobile phone or expensive designer shoes, but sometimes they don’t say anything, but use physical force against the victim and take what they want. The property values of the robberies are quite small, so the acts are not making them rich,” Antila explains.

He added that the phenomenon may be driven by an appreciation of the ‘Roadman’ youth subculture, which began in the UK in the 2000s.

“Life on the streets and making a living through crime are idealised,” Antila says, adding that police believe the influence of social media may also play a role.

“On social media, life is glittering and everyone has everything. If you see someone wearing Louis Vuitton clothes or accessories, you have to get them for yourself by any means necessary,” he tells AL.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Ted Cruz is already on his way to Cancun.

“One forecast model shows the storm dumping as much as 24 inches of snow on Amarillo and 12 to 18 inches in the surrounding areas. Meteorologists expect the storm to impede Thanksgiving travel for a day or two after the holiday.“

16 Likes

Too many good people live there to be happy about this, but which extreme event will finally be the one to make people like Cruz realize we really are all on this planet together and his corner of the world is not exempt from climate change horrors?

13 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes

Another day, another massacre.

11 Likes

WTAF? No! Just no!

8 Likes
13 Likes

Maybe they all need to be shot up into low-earth orbit. It worked on Shatner. :woman_shrugging:t2:
Maybe only some of them get to come back…

9 Likes

I’ve kind of given up on the idea of space flight as anything but another way for rich people to show off at the expense of the rest of us…but somehow the idea of sending Ted Cruz still makes me furious. Like Frank Grimes with Homer Simpson but so much worse.

You...went into outer space? You?

6 Likes

16 Likes