Fuck Today, Continued

I feel for and with you. Kiddo just was diagnosed a couple months ago, at almost 13. I had to push for the evaluation. Having the diagnosis has changed everything and nothing, if that makes any sense.

23 Likes

Before enlightenment; chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment; chop wood, carry water.

18 Likes

My youngest was diagnosed at 3 with similar symptoms. It’s at once a gut punch, and a relief in that there is an actual reason, and not just “your kid is so weird!” Just keep in mind, these kids don’t need to be fixed, because they are not broken. They need support like any other kid, tailored to their unique set of strengths and weaknesses. I won’t say it’s been easy, but it has never been boring!

18 Likes

rupauls drag race bingo GIF

14 Likes

Tornado near my house last night. The COWS system (or whatever the wheezing air raid siren system here is called) went off at 2am. A little EF1, maybe an EF2. There were fatalities, but I’m not sure where.

This was forest before it hit. Picture taken on the way to work this morning.

20 Likes

Ah Jesus… that sucks. I’m sorry.

13 Likes

It’s the area, as you know. Small-town weather reporting is great. The guy on tv last night, while they’re trying to figure out if/where the twister touched down, is reading his phone, saying “my friend Bob from the church softball team is right in the area, he texted me that “strong winds, but so far no tornado.” Ok, Bob.

21 Likes

It’s the damn Met again:

16 Likes

i was just seeing this on the nightly. when it was reported that tornadoes had hit places in Alabama, i immediately thought of you and yours.
hoping damage is minimal for you and that those affected are taken care of quickly.
weather is fascinating, but tornadoes scare the everloving fuck outta me. give me a hurricane over a tornado. better yet, neither for any of us!
best to you, comrade.
jd

17 Likes

Yeah, got to love that small town touch! :laughing:

I’m glad you guys are okay… we didn’t seem to get much on my side of the ATL, but I think maybe some parts of W GA got hit by the same storm system? We did have rain and thunder last night, though, but nothing like this.

16 Likes

It was a really stretched out system, with a ton of rain. The river is up 8ft today, and moving fast. I’m glad your side was spared.

@FloridaManJefe they scare me, too. They’re weirdly fascinating. But tornadoes are one of those things that when I’ve seen them I get that “primal fear” feeling.

I always keep the dogs close. They’re always much better tornado sentinels. Consistently they’ve given several minutes warning when one has been close enough to he a real threat. They’ll start to whimper, and they’ll slink off to somewhere safe.

18 Likes

But to save yourself from a tornado, you just need to get into a basement. Hurricanes, there’s nothing you can do except hope they miss you.

13 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

12 Likes

that is true, but one can watch the hurricane develop and anticipate where it might land with days of forcast and fore sight. tornadoes whip up outta nowhere and devastate in seconds.
Irma came right here and we watched it come. we did not leave. we were very lucky and very stupid.
that hurricanes can spin up tornadoes on their periphery is no comfort because i know i will be stupid and not leave again…

16 Likes
17 Likes

Fuck Rupert Murdoch and all companies associated with him.

20 Likes

Well, we lived without skipping ads for decades before, I’m sure folks can do it again. The move shows a strange idea of how to get people to watch advertising, though.

2 Likes

But if you fast forward through the adverts you won’t have enough time to make a cup of tea

4 Likes

From the Article:

What they’re saying: “Lone offenders and small groups motivated by a range of ideological beliefs and/or personal grievances continue to pose a persistent and lethal threat to the Homeland,” the bulletin says.

Fucking “Lone offenders” and “small groups” – enough with the bullshit, it’s time to start pointing fingers at the media networks giving all these “lone offenders” targets to go after. This is an organized fascist terror campaign.

13 Likes

And, again.

Session: 04/18/2022 1:45 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 05/16/2022 2:00 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 07/11/2022 1:30 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 08/09/2022 2:30 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 10/04/2022 10:15 AM, Rescheduled
Session: 11/28/2022 1:45 PM, Rescheduled
Session: 01/24/2023 1:30 PM, Judicial Officer: Haughton, Valeri

Assh*le.

From way above:

13 Likes