Fuck Today, Continued

I guess it’s a useful strategy to convince people to do that and then get ejected from the airport - bumping up your place in line?

11 Likes

Confused The Beverly Hillbillies GIF

10 Likes

‘The brink of disaster’: 2023 is a critical year for the Colorado River as reservoirs sink toward ‘dead pool’

Failing to do so means either of these lakes, the largest manmade reservoirs in the country, could reach “dead pool” in the next two years, where the water level is too low to flow through the dams and downstream to the communities and farmers that need it.

16 Likes

Sarcastic Han Solo GIF by Star Wars

9 Likes

Multiple gas leaks in Port Richmond resulted in an explosion early New Year’s Day that led to the collapse of at least four homes and multiple people being taken to hospitals, according to city fire officials.

None of the injuries appeared to be fatal, but at least two people appeared to be seriously injured, according to unconfirmed police radio reports.

Details about the explosion that occurred shortly before 3 a.m. on the 3500 block of Miller Street were not immediately available.

Fire officials on the scene told news media that some of the red brick rowhomes were leveled and that they had to pull at least three people from the homes. The city’s Office of Emergency Management is also involved in coordinating efforts at the scene.

The doors and windows of other homes were also blown out.

17 Likes
9 Likes

10 Likes
14 Likes
6 Likes

Well, that’s that. I guess there’s nothing to be done, then.

ETA: Archive version: archive.ph

14 Likes

I’m having the hardest time getting Archive to return a non-paywalled version of that.

5 Likes

Thanks!

6 Likes

I think you made it work. When I submitted it after reading your comment, it returned one right away, created about 10 minutes prior.

5 Likes
9 Likes

Walked that intersection many times.

11 Likes

What the hell is going on? Why are we so fucking broken??

18 Likes

Capitalism.

15 Likes

I’ve been thinking the same thing. More out of control than the normal amount of out of control.

11 Likes

And then there is this…

RAINN says that it’s unacceptable for providers to refuse to answer questions, conduct exams without gloves, prevent others from coming into the room with a patient, insist on seeing body parts they’re not examining, or ask questions that make a patient uncomfortable.

Agree with all of this except the last. I often have to ask uncomfortable questions. I can’t make a patient answer, but questions regarding sexual activity, sexuality and even basic bodily functions can make some folks very uncomfortable. It does not mean they should not be asked. I suspect these were not the ones this statement is referring to, but it needs to be said that we are not always in the business of avoiding uncomfortable topics.

18 Likes

People are abandoning each other in a low trust environment and as they do and hear about it from each other maybe it inspires more of the same… leading to worsening outcomes for things like suicide, addiction, dv and family wipeouts?

It feels like there is more of this. On one hand am I just hearing about it more? But some of these things have definitely had a recent uptick I know that.

15 Likes