Fuck Today, Continued

Screaming Dying Inside GIF

9 Likes

In the middle of a ciclone? Under freezing temperatures? If I only had a dictionary I could find a word in english language to describe someone who could do it and give presents to their kids next morning with a smile on their face.

21 Likes

Sociopath?
Evil MFer?
The kind of person Jesus was violently against?

19 Likes

Takes a lot of people to move 130 others.

john c reilly what a bunch of aholes GIF

14 Likes
19 Likes

I was at Midway Airport (SWA hub) at 4:45am on Monday. Fortunately, flying Delta. The SWA line was snaked around multiple times down the entire length of the terminal. THE ENTIRE LENGTH. Sub-zero weather, so they had to keep everyone inside.

TSA was a breeze, because no one was getting through that line. With the kiosks and bag drop machines non-functional, every single person had to go through a live agent, and there weren’t many of them there.

Apparently they canceled more than 70% of their flights that day.

It was so extreme that people were numb and in shock rather than screaming and complaining.

17 Likes

My lawyer strongly advised me to refrain from using the words I choose to describe these people.

I don’t even have an opinion on American immigration policy, because I don’t know the legislation and the subtleties of local politics.

But one thing I can say for sure.

It is not right to use people as props to gain political points with your constituency. Politics can be a war, parties at opposite poles must try to gain some leverage over their opponents. But if it was a joke, it wasn’t funny. It was as if these people were treated like bags of garbage that one asshole neighbor, who felt aggrieved by another’s behavior, had dumped at another neighbor’s door.

Treating people like garbage shouldn’t cross anyone’s mind. I bet that many people must have applauded this initiative, laughing at the genius that owned the libs. But it was a freezing night, in the middle of a record-breaking snowstorm. You can’t think of it as normal.

21 Likes

My husband flew home from IN early this morning. Thankfully, it wasn’t Southwest!

11 Likes

Just listening to my wife complain (legitimately) that the practice in which she works takes too high a percentage (45%) of what she bring in in therapy fees. And my shit father-in-law, who hasn’t worked in years, confidently explain that it’s actually a fair percentage, based on market rates that he knows.

Narrator: it isn’t fair market rates, and you have no clue what you’re talking about.

18 Likes

Why do we mistrust the gov’t to handle our sensitive data? Well…

13 Likes

My gig is completely different than a therapist’s, and we employ probably more support staff then she would need. That said, my salary amounts to roughly 9% of my billing. Of course, with the way most insurance treats mental health, I can also bill far more for a usual medical visit than she can for counseling and therapy. Which is ridiculous, but it is also where we are.

16 Likes

Snl Season 47 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Is that pretty standard for pediatricians and PC doctors now days? That’s crazy to think about.

11 Likes

Seems to be. Like I said, the amount that I can bill is pretty stupid as well. I get paid pretty well, but the amount that goes to overhead and (especially) administration is insane. I was amazed at the layers of hierarchy involved in this place when we got bought by UVA. Just incredible inefficiency. And tooth-to-tail ratio that would make the military blush.

16 Likes

Yeah… not a great way to run a healthcare system, is it?

11 Likes

What are you talking about? The is The Greatest Healthcare System In The World ™!

I mean, how else could this happen?

15 Likes

Oh yeah… sorry, I forgot! Silly me!

rage GIF

11 Likes

Yeah, the way hers works is that standard billing goes to patient. Insurance of some kind pays most of it minus a co-pay. She’s in a clinic, with centralized billing. Overhead is rent, cleaning, administrative stuff, malpractice, etc. When she owned a clinic she kept 25-35%, depending on a few factors. That was competitive where we were. Her current place is not efficiently run, but she’s stuck there for a few reasons, including being in a clinic that is ok with, and protective of, her specialization in trans populations, as well as teen girl and elderly populations. The frustrating thing is having someone with zero experience mansplain her profession to her.

13 Likes

Yeah, that’s never a good look. Some just can’t help themselves. It’s a sickness. And Dunning Krueger is a hell of a drug.

11 Likes

On the work side, bringing in $150k of billing in a year, and getting a year-end “performance bonus” of $123.27 was definitely a bit galling. One therapist has split off, started her own practice, and pays 60%, and any billing over 48 sessions in two weeks goes to 75%. But they, like many in our area, have a “Christian philosophy.” Ugh.

12 Likes

mrrc4cgs5q8a1

21 Likes