Fuck Today, Continued

Netflix Seriously GIF by Stranger Things

13 Likes

That radical environmentalist Joe Biden will approve more drilling in Alaska:

Great news for gas prices, because the drilling he’s approving will produce, over the course of the 30 year lease, around 600 million barrels of oil.

Which works out to . . . [checks notes] . . . around 33 days of US oil consumption.

:face_vomiting:

19 Likes

The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

8 Likes
13 Likes

Angry Liam Neeson GIF

11 Likes

QAInon or QAI? Perpetual drops. Endless baking.

1 Like
14 Likes
10 Likes

Only one of the attackers have been arrested so far…
Angry Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

15 Likes

Hate Crime on top of assault. Take them down.

9 Likes

13 Likes

In recent years, Sabha largely has been under the control of the self-styled Libyan National Army, headed by Khalifa Hifter. On Thursday night, Hifter’s forces issued a statement claiming they had recovered the material.
…
Asked about the claim by Hifter’s forces, the IAEA said: “We are aware of media reports that the material has been found. The agency is actively working to verify them.”

5 Likes

Fascist potential presidential candidate was a sadistic fuck who tortured people in a concentration camp.

17 Likes

Wtaf

12 Likes
9 Likes

Time to put my AI skills and all those years in Sunday school to work… :thinking: :imp:

My daughter is always exasperated that I won’t use my skills for evil and profit…

9 Likes

ThorPrayer

…but with ChatGPT, so it’s much more eloquent about giving you the wrong thing.

13 Likes
9 Likes
18 Likes

Explosion Reaction GIF

Speaking of which:

The Hanford Nuclear Site is located in eastern Washington State. It’s far from Seattle, three hours to the Idaho border, on the banks of the Columbia River, and a couple of hundred miles upstream from Portland, Oregon. . . .

Hanford was home to the US government’s gargantuan plutonium operation. The site churned out nearly all of the radioactive fuel that was used in the country’s nuclear arsenal. Like a ceaseless conveyer belt, Hanford generated plutonium for nearly four long decades, reaching maximum production during the height of the Cold War. Now, however, Hanford no longer produces plutonium. Instead, it’s a sprawling wasteland of radioactive and chemical sewage, a landmass three times larger than Lake Tahoe. It’s also the costliest environmental remediation project the world has ever seen and, arguably, the most contaminated place on the entire planet.

So, why, if this is all true, which it is, have you not heard much about this dismal atomic graveyard? It’s hard not to think that the lack of awareness is intentional. How else to explain its obscurity? You’ve probably heard of Three Mile Island, Fukushima, and Chernobyl. Why not Hanford? Outside of the Pacific Northwest, you’re not likely to read much about these wrecked lands, nor are you likely to catch any breaking news about what the hell is going on there. Not only is the site laced with huge amounts of radioactive gunk, but all that waste is also a ticking time bomb that could erupt at any given moment, creating a nuclear Chernobyl-like explosion, resulting in a singular tragedy that would be unlike anything the United States has ever experienced. It’s a real and frightening possibility that I, for one, would rather not fathom.

Source:

16 Likes