Fuck Today, Continued

14 Likes

Oh, no! Iā€™m so sorry for you.

I hope you can successfully make it past that feeling in lightning speed because youā€™ve done nothing wrong.

animals spooning hug GIF

18 Likes

Lol, of course.

11 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate the reminder. The community we have here at BB rocks.

14 Likes

You have not failed, but it sounds like you have been failed. Sorry you are having to go through this - I hope that you are able to find something before then!

13 Likes

Iā€™m really sorry to hear this. Hang in there! This isnā€™t on you.

14 Likes

Canadaā€™s testosterone shortages are ongoingā€”and trans people still arenā€™t getting answers

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, many trans people in the U.S. and Canada have been reporting testosterone shortages at their pharmacies.

10 Likes

How does this keep happening?

12 Likes

Deregulation? When the most important thing is profit over safety, so long as the damage does not exceed the cost of implementing safety measures, itā€™s a positive balance sheet. Profit!

13 Likes

Also dangerous labor decisions made by owners and managementā€¦

11 Likes
6 Likes
4 Likes

My son teaches in an after school program. Heā€™s upset. He tells me today that heā€™s thinking a lot about the Nashville shooter and how if a shooter came into his classroom heā€™d have to give his life defending ā€œhisā€ kids.

Heā€™s 16.

Fuck that shit. He should be thinking about girls or boys, cars, kisses, weekend fun. Fuck. That. Shit.

13 Likes

I am so sorry.

14 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

General Motorsā€™ electric future doesnā€™t include Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
ā€¦
The decision is intended to provide ā€œseamless accessā€ to the new Google-powered infotainment experience, including native versions of Google Maps, Google Assistant, Audible, Spotify, and more, GM says in a fact sheet explaining the new strategy.
ā€¦
GMā€™s move to restrict access to CarPlay and Android Auto, which is expected to begin with the 2024 Chevy Blazer EV, will help the automaker capture more data on its customersā€™ driving, listening, and charging habits. It could also help inform future subscription products, as automakers across the board are seeking to generate more revenue beyond just selling cars.

emphasis mine

5 Likes

from

[eta] One more article about this, which seems to take the position that itā€™s NBD?

I am all for expanding digital access to scholarly worksā€¦ But cutting the physical book collection so drastically (and cutting jobs) is not the best way to go about that. A physical copy is not just about the aesthetics or the feel of a book - it is about the material culture of the book in general. Acting like one can easily stand in for another is pretty disingenuous. Or that cutting library staff will not impact service for studentsā€¦

8 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks. This is the hidden cost, right? As of dead children arenā€™t bad enough. The mental health carnage is very real.

7 Likes