Fuck Today, Continued

10 Likes

Dropping charges for lack of evidence is not the same thing as someone being exonerated…

18 Likes

During the second half of December of 2022, 11 colonies of monarch butterflies - three in the state of MichoacĂĄn and eight in the State of Mexico - were recorded to occupy a total of 2.21 hectares (ha) of forest, this represents a 22% decrease in relation to the area recorded in 2021 (2.84 ha).

emphasis mine

15 Likes

The medical photos are graphic and intimate, depicting patients’ naked breasts in various angles and positions. And while hospitals and health care facilities have long been a favorite target of ransomware gangs, researchers say the situation at LVHN may indicate a shift in attackers’ desperation and willingness to go to ruthless extremes as ransomware targets increasingly refuse to pay.

“As fewer victims pay the ransom, ransomware actors are getting more aggressive in their extortion techniques,” says Allan Liska, an analyst for the security firm Recorded Future who specializes in ransomware. “I think we’ll see more of that. It follows closely patterns in kidnapping cases, where when victims’ families refused to pay, the kidnappers might send an ear or other body part of the victim.”

14 Likes

Meanwhile, in liberal Austin Texas, the intersectionality of police violence…

19 Likes

screaming ilana glazer GIF by Broad City

14 Likes

Absolute scum.

Also, hospitals often have language in their release forms listing the possibility of photography/videotaping. I always cross it off and write “Do not consent.” I wouldn’t even let them have a photo (mugshot) for their records.

11 Likes

@FloridaManJefe, you ok?

17 Likes

Can’t wait for somebody to ask Ron DeathSantis (preferably during a press conference) if these events seem a bit…biblical. Sargassum, mosquitoes, and who knows what’s next?

16 Likes

so far…
article does not mention Monroe County, but Miami/Dade is too close for comfort.
we take extra precautions here at home that does not involve pesticides. things like making sure there in no standing water anywhere (sorry street kitties and birdies), planting mosqito-repellant plants such as geraniums, citronella and the like, burning citronella oil in lamps, etc. the county mosquito control people come out once a month and inspect the entire neighborhood for likely places for them and sample any water they find (my bromeliads once got a note of harboring skeeters). and then there are the county-wide mitigation efforts - aerial larvicide bombardment over the mangroves, the Oxitec GMO skeeter release.
two years ago, there was an outbreak of dengue fever on Key Largo. a small cluster in one area on Largo Sound. extra aerial spraying and delivery of the gmo bugs seems to have done the job.
for now…

18 Likes

frogs. it’ll be frogs.

17 Likes

The Burmese pythons don’t have those under control?

5 Likes

U.S. Banks are sitting on $1.7 trillion in unrealized losses, research says. That’s not a problem—until it is

13 Likes
13 Likes

Saw brief coverage of this earlier, but the damage is far worse than initial reports:

16 Likes

Why do U.S. rulers always have to gin up some foreign enemy?

Come on man, Russia is enough to deal with!

19 Likes
13 Likes

Just sent that to 4 people, including my own kid…thank you!

10 Likes
11 Likes

Blech. Our entire team was informed yesterday that our services will no longer be needed after June 1st. Still trying to process through all the emotions. Trying to push through the feeling I’ve somehow disappointed my family.

27 Likes