Fuck Today, Continued

3 Likes

Throw Up Stephen Colbert GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes

I have no idea where to put this and I don’t know that it’s covered anywhere else yet (certainly not here at BB or 538
I looked), but Maggie has posted on her own Twitter account:

7 Likes

Lonely Miss You GIF

11 Likes

sam brown wtf GIF

In its ongoing battle against companies selling unapproved stem cell products, the FDA issued a safety communication earlier this month about amniotic fluid eye drops being improperly marketed for dry eye disease.

Sigh

7 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

“More bombings than usual”?!?

The usual number of bombings in a country like Sweden should be zero.

16 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

My thought exactly! What the fuck is the usual number??

@vermes82 Holy shit! I had no idea.

11 Likes
8 Likes

In the “Yeah, it really wasn’t better in the 1400’s” blotter:

Instead of refrigerating the potentially contaminated raw milk, the farm kept it cool using “mechanical circulation of cool spring water” and coolers filled with ice. This did not keep the milk at the recommended temperature of 4°C (40°F) or lower. Samples taken from the farm revealed a Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) that genetically matched the strains found in one of the sickened infants.

All perfectly natural, of course.

7 Likes

I don’t know how many this will affect here, but if it’s you, get in gear and get your paperwork together!

The Consolidated Appropriations Act, passed in December 2022, ends the Medicaid continuous enrollment provision on March 31, 2023 with a phase-down in enhanced federal matching funds. The unwinding of this provision, as well as the trajectory of the pandemic and the economy, will have implications for Medicaid enrollees, providers, managed care plans, and the states that operate these programs. A divided Congress will make it difficult to pass federal legislation, and while the Administration is expected to continue to use existing authority to improve coverage, access, and health equity, limited action at the federal level will push even more policy focus to the states.

9 Likes

3 Likes

My sister has gone way down the woo hole. She started making her own formula with raw milk. Nothing I said or did would convince her to stop.

3 Likes

I drank raw milk once. As an adult, recognizing that it could come back to bite me, which it happily didn’t. The taste was noticeably sweeter and richer than pasteurized whole milk.

The Amish dairy farmer milked for one of the organic brands and had what appeared to be adequate cooling equipment for the milk to hold it between pickups by the big milk truck: stainless steel tanks, temperature gauges, generator-powered cooling. I watched him milk and saw that he washed the udders before attaching the milking equipment. All very thorough.

Still not worth the risk, though.

10 Likes

My experience is that non homogenized milk is pretty much the same - but safe.

I tried raw milk once and I got pretty sick from it.

(Non homogenized- but still pasteurized)

12 Likes

Straight from the cow, still warm, just the hairs removed with a tea strainer.
Interesting, but I’m quite happy with having it experienced once and otherwise buying UHT milk in a Tetra Pak(R) at the supermarket to quell my milky needs.

10 Likes

i grew up drinking raw goat milk. we were very careful to strain into sterile glass jars and refrigerate immediately to 35-37F. yum! so good cold over a bowl of corn flakes. makes the most awesome yogurt, too!

9 Likes