Fuck Today, Continued

The good news is that the College Board is not giving in and modifying national educational standards, they’ve drawn the line and said ‘you won’t teach the full curriculum, so you don’t get the accreditation’. It’s bad for the actual students, but by the time they’re old enough to go to college they’re also old enough to vote, so this might be a short-lived problem.

11 Likes

And I bet those kids are taking notice right now. They already had their class schedules fixed and they calculated their potential GPA and possible college acceptances. Now they have to scramble and find another AP class to fit in their schedule.

11 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

A White family parked their pontoon boat at the city dock reserved for the Harriott II riverboat on the Montgomery Riverfront. A Black dockworker came over and explained that they had to move their pontoon, and the White family attacked the dockworker. A brawl ensued.

ETA grammar

1 Like

I’d go sink that pontoon when nobody’s looking. :angry:

5 Likes
3 Likes

KKR?! I just read about them in the Enshittification thread!

They scrapped Toys’R’Us and are currently ruining Libby & Overdrive.

5 Likes
2 Likes

BBC News - Forty-one migrants die in shipwreck off Italy

1 Like

5 Likes

IMG_1954 copy

You know the brawl was bad when it knocks your Crocs off.

4 Likes

the transcript isn’t up yet, but i thought this was an interesting take. the headline is misleading because it’s not about the cops, but actually about the reaction of what was black twitter ( now ex, not x, because it so many black users moved on. )

basically how many memes and how much humor there has been because the attackers were ultimately overwhelmed by the onlookers

5 Likes
3 Likes

And more news coming out:

The three White men charged with assault Tuesday after they attacked a Black riverboat co-captain in Montgomery, Ala., and ignited a brawl largely along racial lines had previously caused problems for the Harriott II, the vessel’s captain said, and were repeatedly asked to move their pontoon boat so the riverboat could dock.

and

Authorities said that they had consulted with the FBI and would not be able to charge the White men with a hate crime or with inciting a riot. But Kittrell, who told WACV in Montgomery that riverboat staff previously “had trouble” with the boaters from Selma, Ala., emphasized that he believed the assault on Pickett, 43, was due to racism.

2 Likes

He pointed to an instance a couple of years ago when one of the riverboat’s golf carts was missing after returning from a cruise. Kittrell said the group had taken it and left it in an odd place: the lobby of a Hampton Inn.
“We looked at the Hampton Inn video, found out who did it, and we had them come down,” the riverboat captain told the radio station. “We were going to press charges then, but the police talked us out of it.”

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

2 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

Mayor Steven Reed said Tuesday. He noted that the people on the pontoon boat were not from Montgomery

“Outside agitators.” From nearby Selma.

6 Likes

“I’m not responsible for this, blame somebody else”

6 Likes