Fuck Today, Continued

3 Likes

79530130c66e6a62e9ae55ea81a9c3ff

2 Likes

WTF, Sweden? Trust me on this, we USAians have enough senseless violence for the whole fucking world!

3 Likes
1 Like

As of Sept. 15, there were 124 explosions in Sweden this year, according to police, with the highest number of explosions in a year at 133 in 2019.

I knew about that but this was news to me:

a growing problem in Sweden with drive-by shootings

So far this year, there have been 261 shootings, killing 36 people and injuring 73.

2 Likes

BBC News - Iraq fire: At least 100 killed in blaze at wedding party in Nineveh

2 Likes

While I was in Australia, they were actually passing laws to ban engineered stone to combat this problem.

8 Likes

Over 100 juveniles and young adults were involved but at this time police are not sure how many businesses were affected.

1 Like

Damn it, the fascists will be all over this to prove that BLM and anyone associated with social justice are “criminal gangs.” Can we not avoid feeding this propaganda machine?

4 Likes
2 Likes
6 Likes

“When we are not valued as health care professionals, it doesn’t allow the job that needs to be done to be done," she said. "And that’s keeping you know, patients safe — right drug, right patient, right time, right dose.”

I agree with this sentiment, but it does not go far enough. This is a problem across all healthcare fields. Providers, nurses, aides, pharmacists, what have you. We are all short-staffed, overworked, stressed out and there is no cavalry coming over the hill. It is most apparent in the mental health fields, where the fallback position has been “let the PCP’s take care of it.” As a PCP, seeing up to 40 patients a day, NO!!! I cannot do counseling and med management in a 10-12 min visit. I’m glad this got the attention of management, and I agree, pizza does not work, especially when “lunch break” is a concept more honored in memory than practice. But until something more fundamental is done, hiring pharmacists away from another store only shifts the burden. My nurses can make as much as $4-5/hr more going to other fields, and are doing so. Pediatric residency slots are frequently unfilled, as are family medicine, because you can make 3-10x as much in another specialty and work less. In my area, all the pediatricians are over 50. We are all looking toward retirement sooner than later. What happens then, I do not know. And, honestly, depending on the day, I may or may not care. Most of us (myself included) spend most of our time in survival mode. That is an exhausting way to live. I have no answers, but things have to change. Whether that will be for the better or the worse (or the worst) has yet to be seen, but it will change.

11 Likes

I wonder if more Biden administration actions like this one could make a difference:

There are lots of hospitals and other care facilities where working conditions undermined by corporate greed might be improved by tightening regulations. Those regulations had been deliberately eroded so that owners could increase profits, but hopefully their influence will be diminished in the future.

5 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Was just coming to post that… here is CNN’s take on these bombings…

5 Likes

Again with the med center shootings! Holy fuck, what the hell!

3 Likes

Sycamore Gap: 16-year-old boy arrested after famous tree ‘deliberately felled’

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/sycamore-gap-16-year-old-boy-arrested-after-famous-tree-deliberately-felled/ar-AA1hoK9p

And thinking about it more makes it worse:

9 Likes