Fuck Today, Continued

Just like tricky Dick to cheat. He was over the line !!!

19 Likes

From his expression at the end, looks like it didnā€™t matterā€¦

10 Likes

Stagflation was awful. Worse than a huge recession.

But Iā€™m wondering if government continues the pandemic support that itā€™s right now ending - if it could be avoided. The high unemployment piece not having as pronounced effect. Itā€™s already significantly decreased poverty. Why take our foot off the gas prematurely?

12 Likes

Right?

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s because some people are clutching their pearls over the impacts it might have on the poor, put upon marketsā€¦

12 Likes

Guess Iā€™ll have to switch my savings over to commodities.

12 Likes

I would suggest investing in wipes and toilet paper, as they will be great for trading for famous amos cookies?

7 Likes

Hmmmā€¦best commodity for bartering?

12 Likes

In a post-retail economy, those wax seals will add some amount of real-world value.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Is that a babybel wax rodan?

8 Likes

Disney Good Luck GIF by High School Musical: The Musical: The Series | Disney+

10 Likes

From the internet. Just showing that the claim that red wax might have real-world value is already true!

6 Likes

So, Iā€™m not the only one who keeps the wax? I have a community I didnā€™t know about?

14 Likes
12 Likes

Iā€™m curious. Is it the same wax that they put on the cheese? I wouldnā€™t know, because I donā€™t like that kind of cheese.

The Baybel FAQ reads:

The wax we use to coat our products is made of a blend of paraffin and microcrystalline waxes and colouring, which specifically contains no Bisphenol.

Checking the first thing that came up in a googling of ā€œcheese wax,ā€ from the New England Cheese Making Supply Company, their wax contains:

• A formulation of paraffin and microcrystalline wax.
  • Food grade coloring.

So, Iā€™d go with ā€œprobably.ā€

6 Likes

Welpā€¦ after the statutory minimum campaign duration, 6 weeks, :canada: (that handy little buffer state between most of the :us: and :ru:) is off to the polls. Trudeauā€™s Liberal Party called this election with a 36% to 29% advantage in support vs the Conservative Party (donā€™t you love how we call a spade a spade here?).

That lead vanished overnightā€¦ why?

Enthusiasm for an opportunistic election midst a pandemic? ā†’ 0.

Looks like weā€™re going to be back to a minority parliament, the Liberal ā€œBig Red Machineā€ having either gravely misjudged the mood of the country or having taken a truly Machiavellian gamble.

One big down side of all of this has been a souring of Canadian political discourse. The sourest parts being increased support for the ā€œPeopleā€™s Party of Canadaā€, unprecedented assaults on party leaders by anti-maskers, aggression against candidates at the doorā€¦ The PPC leader, Maxime Bernier, resigned his cabinet post in 2008 in Stephen Harperā€™s government after leaving classified documents unsecured, at home.

We shall see what the evening bringsā€¦

11 Likes

PPC platform for the uninitiated

Edit: this mailer omits the parties position of anti immigration and opinion that immigrants must leave their culture at the door and adopt ā€œCanadian cultureā€ (whatever wormbrained racist thing that is)

(It just tickles me that they named their party PPC)

8 Likes

PPC platform for the uninitiated

The gross irony of all of that being that health is a Provincial jurisdiction.

The Federal government level co-ordinates Provincial health programs in a small, well-run, generally unobtrusive and uncontroversial agency. FTRā€¦ COVID case and death rates have been worse, on average, in Conservative provinces by a factor of about 2.

6 Likes

Same here, although it seems their strategy is to blame it all on Biden.

6 Likes