Fuck Today, Continued

7 Likes

I believe the wax on the bottles would be closer to sealing wax (remember that stuff??!!): hard when dry, not still pliable.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Ever Grand?

11 Likes

Cousin of the Evergreen?

17 Likes

Maybe the Peopleā€™s Poet can set them straight.

4 Likes
17 Likes

We shall see what the evening bringsā€¦

And what did it bring? ā€¦ :drum:

Total electoral nothing-burger.

Of 338 seats, all parties came back with no more than a Ā±2 seat change. :man_facepalming:

13 Likes

And more:

19 Likes

Theyā€™re just for malaria and deworming.

8 Likes

The downsides of living on a volcanic island are quite apparent in La Palma today. :hot_face: At least the 5-10m high wall of lava is moving slowly enough to get humans and beasts out of the way, but itā€™s looking like a good chunk of two towns are done for.

:thinking: That would, on the plus side, be the last time I fielded a complaint from the teenagers about the pool being a little chillyā€¦

12 Likes

From live Canary Islands TV at 15:53 local time at La Palma,

Iā€™m sure that reno project made sense at the timeā€¦ :man_facepalming: :cry:

12 Likes

Holy shit! I hope people have gotten out!

10 Likes

Last I read, nobody has been killed in the eruption; the new cone appeared in woodlands and there were good plans in place. My Spanish is minimal, but if I understand the news theyā€™ve even managed to get most of the animals to safety.

El Mundo is live blogging it:

https://www.elmundo.es/ciencia-y-salud/ciencia/2021/09/22/614aec04e4d4d8f0148b45f4.html

15 Likes

Thank god for that at least!

8 Likes
8 Likes

Oh come on world.

While Iā€™m psychologically decompensated, my supervisor tried to motivate me on Friday with shit sandwiches full of attacks on my person.

The day before, I caused a communications breakdown in my private life which isnā€™t resolved, and left scarring on several souls.

And today a random starts verbally abusing me incuding the accusations of child abuse towards her three children on a playground. Needless to say I was not alone, and the abuse was not only directed at me, but at my young daughter as well.

I know I shouldnā€™t throw this into the web like this, but I know some people here will have similar experiences, and other might in the future.

You know what?

This world is positively crazy, and lā€™enfer, cā€™est Les autres. Itā€™s not only you. Whatever anyone tells you.

It is not only me.

19 Likes

My like isnā€™t because I like your situation but an expression of sympathy.

17 Likes

Me, too @LutherBlisset. I hope things get better soon!

14 Likes

Worthing on it. One must imagine Sisyphus.

Also, I am going to talk to my head of department tomorrow about how I can resolve the issue of a supervisor who thinks it is supportive to tell me I am on my own, my time management is awful, and my suggestions for the project unacceptable, and finally they could give the task to a school kid who would be able to do it in three weeks. All wrapped in the praise the I am an experienced researcher, surely more suitable for mathematical tasks and programming then writing. Oh, and if I would argue that I couldnā€™t meet milestones because of pressing issues in two other projects it would badly reflect on me, since multitasking would be a core competence in our branch, and everyone had agreed when setting up the program that several projects would be manageable at once.

Iā€™m going to ask my supervisorā€™s boss a difficult question. What would he do in my place?

I documented the meeting, and have given a copy of these notes to someone outside our department.

17 Likes