Fuck Today, Continued

Angry Liam Neeson GIF

3 Likes
2 Likes

Big Brother won.

1 Like

customers must provide their own reference images. This might include photos of a company’s employee or a person a store believes stole from them.

:thinking: Can police departments be customers, too?

They don’t have to depend on social media to find photos.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes
1 Like

The family of an Alabama inmate who died in prison was forced to have a closed-casket funeral after the body was returned "severely decomposed’ and missing its heart, according to a federal lawsuit.

Brandon Dotson’s family spent five days attempting to get his body released from the Alabama Department of Corrections, but when the remains were finally turned over to the family, they noted there was “bruising on back of [his] neck and excessive swelling across his head,” according to Fox News, which cited the lawsuit.

1 Like

That sort of thing happens in :cn: a lot, and the organs don’t go to medical schools.

1 Like

JFC

1 Like
1 Like

So, am I to assume HIPAA laws and restrictions are not applicable to pharmacists or pharmacies? Because I know for damn sure that we cannot do this. If they are not, that needs to be changed toot sweet!

8 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

i can only imagine businesses based around online therapists ( ie. betterhelp ) will last for as long as the privacy loophole does

4 Likes

:cry: So young. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Fuck cancer.

4 Likes

Holy shit! I did not know that. I have recommended sites like this for patients who just cannot wait the 9-12 months to get in with a therapist face-to-face. Shit!!! I hate to think I have exposed their info to nefarious agents.

7 Likes

Yeah, this sort of data selling and the profit motive behind online therapy is what got us the BetterHelp gong show that’s been playing out over the last few years (tl;dr: don’t use BetterHelp, it’s only a smidge above a scam and the FTC isn’t going to do much if anything about it).

4 Likes

This is why I go to a locally-owned pharmacy for the last 27 years. I know the owner and his staff by their first names. He’s also under the radar and less likely to deal with this crap.

5 Likes

Better help is to therapy as Uber is to taxis. It promises the best for both the professional and the customer and then screws them both over for profit to the company. But with the distressingly long wait time @docosc noted, it’s sometimes the only option available. Capitalism: making everything worse for everyone!

5 Likes