Fuck Today, Continued

“Disabling cyberattacks are striking water and wastewater systems throughout the United States,” Jake Sullivan, assistant to the president for National Security Affairs, and Michael S. Regan, administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, wrote in a letter. “These attacks have the potential to disrupt the critical lifeline of clean and safe drinking water, as well as impose significant costs on affected communities.”

That’s not a good thing!

9 Likes
11 Likes

Pre-teen?!? Yeah, I’m gonna blame a culture of something much worse among men for this.

Angry Watch Out GIF by BrownSugarApp

ETA: There’s no data about the age of the fathers here.

12 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes

I posted this in another thread, but it needs more exposure. Actual medical response to this shit.

7 Likes

Arlington firefighter shot in chest, seriously injured during welfare check identified

https://amp.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article286996295.html

5 Likes
6 Likes

I’m watching the press conference right now, as the sun rises behind them, and sonar has found cars in the water. But the sun’s only just rising now, so they don’t know how many.

12 Likes

Nightmare scenario.

9 Likes

Especially for all the workmen who were all set up on the central span. If you watch the footage, you can see the headlights and flashing lights on their trucks as it all goes down.

9 Likes
8 Likes

A court in that state later found prosecutors took too long between arresting and indicting Tape – who was a medical school student at the time – and tossed the charges, saying his constitutional right to a speedy trial had been unduly compromised.

Holy shit, not lack of evidence, not unproven, just prosecutorial delay. How the fuck does shit like this keep happening???

11 Likes

Golden Girls Dancing GIF by TV Land

7 Likes

If there’s a time limit between arrest and indictment, how do cold cases where the suspect was arrested and released ever come to court?

4 Likes

he’s white. That’s how this happened. Because white people in America get a different set of rules than people who are not white. they will gladly lock people up for 800 days with no trial if they’re Black however…

9 Likes

Evergreen State College students told ‘good to go’ after carbon monoxide alarm sounded, documents show

After a carbon monoxide leak killed one student, newly released documents reveal what two other people in the home experienced.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/local/evergreen-state-college-students-told-good-to-go-after-carbon-monoxide-alarm-sounded/281-a7b112d3-28ab-44e8-86fe-0c6a78b85ae5

7 Likes

whoa! that’s mum’s alma mater!
i woulda thought it was from all the weed smoked there.
not funny, i know just… smoked a lot of weed at Evergreen when mum was finishing her MFA there.

5 Likes

Because they weren’t charged and subject to an ongoing active case hanging over them for decades. That’s how it works here anyway.

But we don’t have a statute of limitations for rape or murder which you guys seem to have. Bizarrely.

3 Likes

The US generally doesn’t have one for the latter, which reflects how much lawmakers care about the former. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: It’s not bizarre, but by design. It varies depending on the state. We’ve seen progress on this for civil claims in cases involving children during the Biden administration:

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/3647958-biden-signs-bill-eliminating-civil-statute-of-limitations-for-child-sex-abuse-victims/

7 Likes