Fuck Today, Continued

The news is now reporting that the man who set himself on fire has died.

6 Likes

It’s on wikipedia’s ‘list of notable deaths in 2024’ too.

1 Like

Animated GIF

11 Likes

Compare the headline on the left to the ones on the right…

Just screaming about NK launching ballistic missiles makes it seem like a war is breaking out… while the others give you some sort of context that it’s not NK launching nukes at their neighbors, but most likely tests that are going into the sea…

7 Likes
8 Likes

traditionally people froze to death

Ah, tradition! Of course those conservative assholes would find a way to wedge in that “precedent.”

:angry:

It’s almost like a game with these fuckers.

Let’s see, what kind of seemingly plausible pretzel logic can we bake up this time? Hee hee!!

9 Likes
10 Likes

Traditionally, people didn’t have homes.

Checkmate

9 Likes
7 Likes

Jesus fuck, I’m not going down to Macon again! I don’t need to visit Allman Brothers historical locations that much.

6 Likes

Funnily enough where I live in Aurora IL is often viewed as dangerous. In 2022 there were 5 murders, down from 6 the year before, with a population of ~178k, or a murder rate less than half the national average.

Why do the snooty people in Naperville think it’s dangerous? Aurora has a large hispanic population. Shudder!

12 Likes

Meat is murder. And suicide?

All the uncertainty and widespread transmission raises concern about how the virus is evolving to infect mammals and whether it is heading for humans. Last week, the chief scientist for the World Health Organization, Jeremy Farrar, told reporters in Geneva that the spread of the virus in US dairy cows is an “enormous concern,” according to CNN. “The great concern, of course, is that in doing so and infecting ducks and chickens—but now increasingly mammals—that that virus now evolves and develops the ability to infect humans. And then critically, the ability to go from human-to-human transmission.”

In particular, experts are wary that the dairy cow outbreaks could spill over to nearby pig farms as it’s doing with nearby poultry farms. Pigs can be infected with both bird flu viruses and human flu viruses, making them potential melting pots for new recombinant flu strains.

6 Likes

Not universally red states, but definitely a preponderance. Universally high poverty rates. Strong correlation there. And conservative governance is based on the idea of doing absolutely nothing to decrease poverty rates, soooo…

7 Likes

Kale, watermelon and even some organic foods pose high pesticide risk, analysis finds

Pesticides have contaminated the US fruit and vegetable supply – even some organics – a new analysis by Consumer Reports shows.

Consumer Reports found that pesticide residue posed a significant risk in roughly 20% of the 59 common foods examined in its research. The foods deemed high risk included conventionally grown (ie non-organic) kale, blueberries, potatoes and bell peppers. Apples, grapes, peaches, tomatoes, spinach and celery were among the items considered moderate risk.

Organic fruits and vegetables generally had far less pesticide residue than conventionally grown foods, according to the research. But even a few organic foods posed some risk. For example, imported green beans carried a high risk and domestic potatoes a moderate one – raising questions about how these organic crops were contaminated with high-risk pesticides that are not approved for organic farming.‘In the US they think we’re communists!’ The 70,000 workers showing the world another way to earn a living | Spain | The Guardian

6 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Can you purchase a flying version?

Can we get one with a laser in its nose instead of the flamethrower on its back?

Doctor Who Dog GIF by BBC America

9 Likes

You can’t really purchase any version. It’ll connect to the corporate mothership for a monthly fee. Eventually enshittification will lead to a service charge for “Nice house, shame if anything happened to it”.

7 Likes

Cancer is an asshole. Someone I liked very much died.

Mother of five, fourth recidivism. She herself had seven siblings. Three with cancer, one dead already. One of her nieces, also. Turned out, they all share a point deletion in BRCA2. And the family has branches. I know some of them.

How can I not quit my job and try to get hired by some research lab which is trying unfuck hereditary breast cancer?

Fuck. I don’t have the guts.

Cancer is an asshole.

19 Likes