Fuck Today, Continued

5 Likes

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Also, fuck that sloppy reporting:

A former French colony, Burkina Faso has suffered chronic instability has in comparison to all it’s neighbors been extremely stable since 1987. After gaining independence in 1960, including and several coups, authoritarian ruler, Blaise Comparoé came to power through a coup against the government of Thomas Sankara. Comparoé himself was ousted in a mostly peaceful revolution in 2014, and Roch Kaboré was elected president in 2015.

FTFY, Beeb. And fuck you, too.

ETA:
I am not holding my breath for France and the US intervening. If the military took over, they have the support of both. There is no way that the US are not to be informed ahead of such action, and the same is true for the French.

ETA 2:

One more thing: tout cette malaise is a direct result of the fucking war in Libya. All of it.

14 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes

Probably a major reason western powers did that, no?

:expressionless::confounded::triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

That’s just really bad tailoring.

See my tailor, he’s called Simon.

4 Likes

Huh. You would have thought that would be a bigger story. It’s not on any of the other channels that I can find.

(CW: autoplay video of the event.)

6 Likes
7 Likes

That video won’t play for me.

6 Likes

Just as well, I’d say, if I clicked through. :grimacing:

4 Likes

Exactly as intended. If you refuse to define your terms, but set dire penalties for violations, the result will be folks steer far clear of anything touching upon it. This is what they are shooting for, make the whole racist history of the US untouchable, unteachable and not really a thing. Then, all the poverty and despair in the minority communities is their own fault. Bootstraps, my friend!

15 Likes

Pray.com declined to say which data brokers it has purchased data from and which third parties it has shared data with. Spokesperson Pat Shortridge said that Pray.com “does not share users’ public, private, or anonymous prayers and specific content consumption with third parties for their commercial purposes,” but did not answer follow-up questions about whether the company shares that information for its own commercial purposes.

However, an audit of Pray.com by privacy researcher Zach Edwards showed that the app shares granular data about the content its users consume with several other companies, including Facebook. According to Edwards, this means users could be targeted with ads on Facebook based on the content they engage with on Pray.com — including content modules with titles like “Better Marriage,” “Abundant Finance,” and “Releasing Anger.”

9 Likes

What if what I’m praying for is death to the personal-data monetizers? :thinking:

11 Likes

You go on the list, of course.

7 Likes

mood GIF

11 Likes

FTA:

The circumstances surrounding the man’s death are under investigation by the Arson and Explosives Squad. It is not being treated as suspicious.

Wat?! Are explosive vests a common innocuous thing in Australia?

9 Likes

Nothing else is as effective against kangaroo attacks.

10 Likes

And spiders. It helps with the spiders.

13 Likes

Ugh, blur spoiler plz, thnx!

5 Likes

is standard Police public-speak for “it wasn’t murder”.

They use that line for deaths of natural causes, of known accidents, and of suicides where they are strongly sure that there was nobody else involved.

8 Likes