Fuck Today, Continued

Plenty of people claiming that vaccinations are just the West trying to kill/sterilize/brainwash children.

4 Likes

I leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide why this thread is appropriate.

6 Likes

No need to wish harm on the others on the aircraft.

2 Likes

Though it was likely a private plane carrying Trump associates and sycophants. I wouldn’t mind at all if Stephen Miller happened to be on that plane.

7 Likes

Yes, of course I am still working on The Winds of Winter. I have stated that a hundred times in a hundred venues, having to restate it endlessly is just wearisome. I made a lot of progress on Winds in 2020, and less in 2021… but “less” is not “none.”

Freezing Game Of Thrones GIF

8 Likes

It might go a little faster if he actually spent more time, you know, writing it, instead of taking on new other projects every five minutes.

2 Likes

Treating creative work like a 9-5 job is how you get bad creative work.

6 Likes

I don’t know… Creative work does still need focus and concentration… It’s still work, after all.

10 Likes

That’s true. You need to set aside time and space to make it happen. At the same time, sometimes it doesn’t and you need to step back for a bit rather than try to force it. There’s a balance that’s different for each person…I just feel kind of hesitant to say that someone who managed a half-dozen novels doesn’t understand what his is as well as we do.

10 Likes

that is true stephen colbert GIF by Obama

I know. I just would love to read the last two books… :pensive:

12 Likes
15 Likes

Well, of course the thing that people are worried about is that he won’t have the opportunity to repeat it endlessly because, well, mortal.

That said, I assume that if/when he has the opportunity/inspiration/etc to add to Winds of Winter he jumps on it and does what he can. I assume that it is just a hard process and not something he can just sit down and bang out because if he could he certainly would have.

I wonder if the reactions around the end of the show have not just increased his concern about navigating all that and “getting it right”, making progress even harder for him. I know that I would feel like “Fuck it, if I don’t finish it I never have to listen to complaints about how I did it wrong”

3 Likes

Trouble getting anti-violence grant money

Philadelphia’s homicide rate last year was 35 per 100k residents, outpacing all other large U.S. cities (the closest is Chicago, at 29; then Houston, 21). The crisis continues, as Philly notched its 100th killing last week. A big part of the city’s anti-violence plan is grants to community orgs, but several recipients say they’re still spending their own money. [Vital City/6ABC/Billy Penn/WHYY]

12 Likes

South African airline Comair has had its Air Operator Certificate suspended by the South African Civil Aviation Authority (SACAA) as a precautionary measure due to the airline consortium’s recent in-flight emergencies with engine problems and landing gear issues. Comair operates the low-cost Kulula airline plus regional British Airways flights in Southern Africa.

8 Likes
9 Likes

8 Likes

I’m sorry, but I cannot give that a “like.” I tried, but I just couldn’t.

11 Likes

Linus is right. Github Desktop is the most fucked-up piece of shit that will cheerfully put repositories in the wrong place, attributed to the wrong user, with absolutely no warning that it’s going to do that, and then unscrewing its mistake is a total pain in the ass!

Jumping through their hoops to continue to use the shell tools will be another pain, but at least it’ll be once and done.

5 Likes

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

8 Likes

Outdoors, yeah sure, on my arm I’d like to avoid.

4 Likes