Fuck Today, Continued

14 Likes

Here in :canada: we have an eye for a bargain… I could see us taking those off your hands, especially since they already appear to be flying the :canada: flag… :thinking:

The photo was taken near Detroit, so this is probably in deference to the 1817 Rush Bagot Treaty. Although that there ship sports a treaty-compliant single cannon of less than 18lbs, it does exceed the allowed displacement of 100 tons. Violations of the treaty for ceremonial purposes are generally met with mutual good will, provided a bit of notice is given. That said, we did object (IIRC successfully) to the arming of Great Lakes Coast Guard ships post 9/11 on the basis of that treaty…

1 Like
10 Likes
16 Likes

20 Likes

Yet another chance to break this out:

16 Likes

:thinking: I wonder if it would make any difference to promote different platforms (social media, print, and broadcast/streaming) for 30 days? Something like a challenge to switch people’s attention away from Facebook and other outlets dominated by practices or influences like the ones John Oliver described here. The goal would be to provide folks with different perspectives on events instead of the ones they’re being spoon-fed every day. If it also causes a bit of negative impact for those controlling corporations, that would be a win-win.

5 Likes

I have no words. A serial killer in Sligo murdering gay men.

And yes, I do believe that normalising hatred for trans people in the media is part of the problem. Calling all gay or trans people “groomers” is why people feel they can do hate crimes.

18 Likes

Oh no. That’s awful. I hope the catch the person doing this.

9 Likes

As far as I know they were using an app to get their victims so, yes, in custody already. It’s terrible that he wasn’t caught when he attacked the first person on Friday though.

15 Likes

A cynical queer like me would say the 'phobes are making such statements so that hateful people will commit such crimes. It’s incitement.

16 Likes

Good to hear.

Absolutely.

lady gaga applause GIF

Is it really cynical when it’s the truth, tho? Irish bigots are mad that the country voted in favor of gay marriage… I suspect that they want to go back to when wanton women got sent to work houses and gay people had to hide or leave…

14 Likes

Hey, somebody has to do all that laundry…

8 Likes

Just get Coach Z to do it…

“I’m the rhyme janitor wringing out my mop…”

4 Likes

Pompano Beach. A good friend lives there & is trying to get me to retire there.

14 Likes
10 Likes

That’s horrible…

6 Likes

Those fucking fuckers…

13 Likes
16 Likes

adventure time table flip GIF

9 Likes