Fuck Today, Continued

Spotted dick?

Sweet GIF

4 Likes

A dessert that sounds like an STD. Only the Englishā€¦

5 Likes

We have previously discussed PFAS. This does not make me feel better.

At least the Biden administration is acknowledging the science on this stuff and not ignoring and silencing it. I guess thatā€™s a winā€¦

11 Likes

After a fire started when two Pride flags were set ablaze in Baltimore, three people were sent to the hospital and two are in critical condition.

Two individuals from one household and one from another were targeted after displaying Pride flags outside their homes. The fire was set in the morning when the individuals were sleeping in their homes.

At first, investigators believed that the fire was started after one Pride flag was set on fire. They now believe that the fire that damaged four homes was started when two Pride flags were targeted in separate incidents.

Not only were Pride flags destroyed but Pride dƩcor was set on fire as well. The individuals from the two other homes were not injured during the fire.

GIF by MOODMAN

16 Likes

Had to consider the timeline here, and canā€™t imagine feeling trapped in a crappy work environment full of racism, sexism, and toxicity resulting in this:

13 Likes

two dollars!? she should have put up some nazi decorations if sheā€™d wanted real justice /s

i wonder if her book is worth a readā€¦

9 Likes
10 Likes

It has mostly great reviews, and I plan to check it out. I hope that McFadden remains safe and can retire from her job without any further backlash. From her comments on experiences with her division, sheā€™d make a great asset to groups advocating to defund and reform the police.

7 Likes
10 Likes

We continue moving backwards :frowning:

15 Likes

I assume they also censored all the displays of heterosexual affection? And female bodies? And Christian symbolism? Shall I go on, because of course they did not. It is one specific viewpoint they are catering to.

17 Likes

This is the kind of thing a person (hetero, maybe, for safety purposes) should file a complaint about next time there is an exhibit and it features a man and a woman kissing. Maybe start with ā€œthey arenā€™t marriedā€ and scale it up from thereā€¦

11 Likes

Yep. A white Christian nationalist viewpoint. I see that they also took down another photo of a Black woman during a protest taken by the same photographer. She is pinned on the ground by the police.

Differing viewpoints, indeed. :rage:

14 Likes
13 Likes

Our cityā€™s first Pride is tomorrow and has several drag shows on the itinerary. Iā€™m concerned :worried:
Still going, at least for a while. Itā€™s predicted to reach 100 degrees tomorrow so Iā€™m not sure how long weā€™ll last

9 Likes

I only just realised that the Dom Phillips who was murdered in Brazil is the same Dom Phillips who was editor of Mixmag in the 90s.

He never documented hardcore in fine detail, but now is the wrong time to go over 25 year old arguments about music journalism. I still read Mixmag back then, despite that difference of opinion.

7 Likes
8 Likes

I hope someone thinks to lace the glue with acid

5 Likes

Hereā€™s hoping he gets a taste of that in the ER soon.

6 Likes

If you are not willing to do your job then you are not qualified for the fucking job. Find a job that does not conflict with your beliefs rather than forcing them on everyone else. Itā€™s really simple

AchingUnacceptableCopepod-size_restricted

11 Likes