Fuck Today, Continued

10 Likes

Not good at all.

13 Likes

Why did CNBC need to trigger my needlephobia? Could they not have used an image like this one of a child getting an oral polio vaccine instead?

(Source)

Also lets hope we don’t need someone famous to die to get people vaccinated this time.

4 Likes

Not as bad as it sounds. This is the vaccine strain, likely from someone who had recently received an oral polio vaccine before arriving in the UK. Most of the first world has moved away from the oral prep because there is a slight risk of shedding, and if it should infect an immunocompromised individual it can be bad. The injectable is an inactivated virus and thus has no such risk, but is somewhat less effective than the oral version. In low risk environments, it is plenty good enough, though.

16 Likes
11 Likes

Fuck this shit

17 Likes

legend of korra sigh GIF

13 Likes

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Just go away.

9 Likes

Ah, hell, Florida…

In all seriousness, meningococcal disease is nothing to joke about. I have fought it 3 times and only won once. It is a bear with a sore tooth in every way. It is also vaccine preventable, so get vaccinated!!

15 Likes
7 Likes

What. The. Actual. Fuck. Did I just read. This sounds like a bad sci-fi horror plot.
Oh, wait, it is!

7 Likes

https://archive.ph/jso2j

Amnesty International UK is “institutionally racist”, “colonialist” and faces bullying problems within its own ranks, a damning inquiry has concluded.

Examples of racist incidents that left black and Asian staff uncomfortable include:

Being regularly mistaken for other colleagues with similar skin tone
Negative comments about fasting during Ramadan
Treating black skin, hair and appearance as matters of fascination and touching hair without consent
Rude comments about minority celebrities, politicians or events

14 Likes

This one is always baffling to me. Just reaching out and touching anyone, even someone I know, is beyond inappropriate to me. Touching someone I know on the head? FFS. It gives me the willies just thinking about it.

13 Likes

My personal pet peeve is people walking up and fondling the “baby bulge” of pregnant people. Without asking. WTF???

Consent is more than just a word, people. I understand the fascination with the idea that there’s a small person inside there; it was pretty amazing when I could see a foot or an elbow moving across my wife’s tummy when she was pregnant, and there’s a desire to touch, to sense, to have some kind of connection to what’s going on. But you don’t just do things with other peoples’ bodies because you want to!!!

At best, this type of behavior (whether it’s hair or other body parts) is inconsiderate and rudely intrusive. At worst, it’s assault.

9 Likes

Shortpacked! Tummy

13 Likes

Don’t fuck with pregnant people… :grimacing:

12 Likes

This one might be a little closer to reality.

4 Likes

Oh, that was such a good movie!

1 Like
13 Likes
13 Likes