Fuck Today, Continued

I’m actually surprised. I’ve been told by parents that FERPA means I can’t see their kids’ academic records–in the middle of their kid taking a university class from me. (When I tell them that FERPA means I’m not going to share their kids’ academic records with them, they get very upset.)

14 Likes

Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

13 Likes

When registering the kid for kinder, the school employee (not the regular person, she was out) asked about immunizations and I could see her bracing to ask if my kid was vaccinated. Then her relief when I said the kid has every vaccine for her age. It made me sad- the relief and then how happy she was when I said she’d had her COVID vaccines too.

16 Likes
15 Likes

GameStop is selling this as an NFT. Incredible. Disgusting.

11 Likes

Coming soon (probably), the Emmett Till NFT

Fuck sake.

9 Likes

Minted at $30, now “worth” $750. Insane.

6 Likes
14 Likes

Oh my god. If this is true it’s a crime of incredible magnitude.

ETA: Spelling

15 Likes

Here’s what sprang to mind immediately. Obviously there’s no reason to assume I’m correct, but it’s a reasonable theory: he saw a tent and thought he’d have fun shooting at it. Only after he heard screams did he realize there were people in the tent. In remorse, he shot himself.

None of which would have happened if running around with guns wasn’t considered ‘normal’ in this country. He might have thrown rocks or something. Wouldn’t have killed 3 members of a family.

7 Likes

You’re kinder than I.

9 Likes

Or more naive.

9 Likes

A new report released this month found temperatures inside some Texas prison units “have been shown to regularly reach 110 degrees and in at least one unit have topped 149 degrees.”

17 Likes

Cruel and unusual punishment right there. Fucking fascists.

15 Likes

That’s hotter than they use to kill bed begs.

15 Likes

That’s a really fucked up fact.

14 Likes
16 Likes

Crossposting, bc, fuck.

14 Likes
14 Likes

In his ruling, Fulton County Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney said Willis’ office may “ask witnesses about the Senator’s role in the various efforts the State Republican party undertook to call into question the legitimacy of the results of the election. What her office may not do is make sure of any such evidence to develop a case against the Senator.”

So because he’s currently a state senator, he’s off-limits to legal prosecution?

12 Likes