Fuck Today (Part 1)

So much yoink!

2 Likes

Canā€™t retroactively put fluoride in the waterā€¦ or can we?

3 Likes

I know those feels. I knows them.
Moved to a new town recently. They donā€™t put fluoride in the water here. Like heathens.

4 Likes

Well, it was a filing that fell apart, not a tooth. But it still needs a crown. Good job I did all that overtime last week. Not what I wanted to spend it on, though.

10 Likes

You got paid for OT?
Stupid CSC going you are exemptā€¦ so yeah no OT for youā€¦
On the other hand they didnā€™t get more than 40 hours out of me.

2 Likes

Unions FTW. You think Iā€™d work OT if they didnā€™t pay me?

6 Likes

IT peeps really need to change their views about that especially desktop and server supportā€¦ sadly too many libertarian bent sorts in the field.

10 Likes

No fluoridation here in Honolulu. Great market for dentists.

3 Likes

I found out today that my mum died. I hadnā€™t been in touch for a while, because of my depression. Iā€™d listened to the thoughts in my head that told me that I was disappointing her, and I only just realised that those thoughts lied to me. Far too late.

Although Iā€™m a filthy atheist, I wish I was wrong about that, so I could tell her Iā€™m sorry.

31 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear this.

11 Likes

Nelsie, Iā€™m so sorry.

10 Likes

Youā€™ve told us, so youā€™ve put it out into the cosmos that you wish you had been able to do things differently. Thatā€™s enough.

You have a medical condition that affected your ability to spend time with her in recent years. If you were in a wheelchair with no way to transport yourself to where she was, would you feel just as guilty for not going to see her? Depression is no different.

21 Likes

All of my sympathy from here. Donā€™t know what else to say really. Those voices are just the fucking worst.
:heart_decoration:

11 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear this. Hard times, take care.

11 Likes

Iā€™m truly sorry for your loss.

10 Likes

Iā€™m sorry for your loss and I hope you feel better soon.

8 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry. My condolences to you.

8 Likes

Just to provide a few anecdotal data pointsā€¦ my house uses well water, no fluoride. None of my children have had any cavities in the 20 years the eldest has been alive. They brush carefully with fluoride toothpaste and that seems to be sufficient.

I drank fluoridated water as a child and had a dozen large fillings by the time I was a teenager.

5 Likes

Except that, as @Nelsie observes, the latter condition tricks you into thinking that youā€™re the problem and that youā€™re a terrible person and should feel guilty, you ungrateful, oxygen-sucking waste of life.

I swear, depression is King Arsehole among the mood disorders.

Nelsie, I canā€™t imagine your pain right now. No words left. *hugs*

12 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry.

I hope you can be kind to yourself.

I know well what a lying asshole depression is. Depression says a lot of horrible things. One thing itā€™s never told me is to be kind to myself. It took a friend to tell me that. She tells me that often, and I want to say it to you. Be kind to yourself.

Being horrible to yourself is a trick of depression, Iā€™ve worn a gully walking back and forth on that track, but when the fog lifts, I can see the love in my friendā€™s words. Be kind to yourself.

It wonā€™t help the pain, I know, but being mean to yourself can make the pain worse. So be kind to yourself, it really is OK to treat yourself with the sort of gentleness you would use with someone else.

Be kind to Nelsie.

18 Likes