Fuck Today (Part 1)

What was it? I guess I’ll be at the grocery store tomorrow and will see it then…

2 Likes

Fuck these anarchists shitheads. Fuck the people who would infiltrate a movement for their own means: pure and utter insanity. Fuck the way this is going to tear my city apart.

10 Likes

It made me think of Conan, discoursing on what is best in life.

4 Likes

Well, there are some sexy ones out there.

5 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with anarchists.

These people are not anarchists. They are just assholes.

11 Likes

since yesterday I have a nasty cold. so far so bad.

but my body demands tea and is unhappy with coffee! the horror!

15 Likes

Oh I know how that feels. A suggestion…

This is not coffee.
It tastes sorta kinda like coffee. It’s different from Cafix, and Inka, and Postum.
It is ersatz coffee.
But it’s not as bad for the human body as coffee is:

This is ersatz coffee is actually pretty good for human bodies:

and does taste ok. Thin. But ok. I drink my coffee black. I have never tried putting cream in DandyBlend. I have tried Raja’s Cup too but it’s got a weird aftertaste. FWIW…

I say all this as a person who loves and drinks good cold brew coffee. I am fighting off the last parts of a very very bad cold. I am still coughing and wheezing. I am hoping to avoid pneumonia. Coffee is well known to be a vasoconstrictor, and my lungs need better (not reduced) blood circulation.

Get well soon, @renke!

ETA: I finally found a link to Raja’s Cup. It’s quite bitter. Like, more bitter than anything else I list in this comment.

9 Likes

Donald Trump is the president elect.

16 Likes

Isn’t that more of a “Fuck 2016-2020”?

16 Likes

Yes, which means I’ll likely post that on a daily or at least weekly basis for the foreseeable future.

16 Likes

Please forgive if I’m being presumptuous, have you given regular exercise a chance? By regular, I mean 45 minutes of cardio four times (or more) a week? I also struggle with depression, and exercise had astonishing results for me. It took about five or six weeks, but once it happened, it was a veil lifting over the world for me. I don’t want to sound hyperbolic, but it was literally like a sunrise over a world previously buried in 24 hour darkness. Sorry if you’ve already tried this, just wanted to share my experience.

8 Likes

I’m just getting over a nasty cold that turned into ‘walking pneumonia’ (been sick for three weeks). Take good care of yourself if you can. Have you tried Gypsy Cold Care? Not sure where you are geographically, but this is available pretty much everywhere in the PacNW. It works wonders, for me at least, especially with cough, pressure/pain in the head, and body aches.

5 Likes

Exercise alone for clinical depression is like saying that eating healthy foods can cure cancer. It’s a nice additional component, but it’s not a replacement.

15 Likes

I didn’t say exercise alone, did I?

But your statement is a bad comparison, and not entirely accurate.

3 Likes

When I edited that after seeing your post I just switched “anarchists” out for “assholes” without thinking. It’s a good thing I decided to reread it before posting the edit:

Not exactly the message I was going for.

5 Likes

Hey, look. working together already!

8 Likes

I for welcome our new same ol’ same ol’ petroleum overlords… :rolling_eyes:

13 Likes

What the hell.

Some of the replies say the badge is covered because an officer has been killed (why the black band has to cover the name I’m sure I don’t know). But how 'bout that helmet, eh? Snazzy!

13 Likes

Nothing I want to go into, but fuck today with a rusty hammer.

Not really much point in posting it, except I wanted to say it somewhere outside my head.

15 Likes

Needed to get a new phone, and my plan was due for an upgrade, but I didn’t expect to be forced into it by losing it Saturday morning.

15 Likes