Fuck Today (Part 1)

You have my sympathies.

6 Likes

Trump is still the president-elect.

17 Likes

Someoneā€™s going to have to post similar every 24 hours until his term is over.

12 Likes

.[quote=ā€œnull, post:2719, topic:67518, full:trueā€]
Someoneā€™s going to have to post similar every 24 hours until his term is over.
[/quote]

I parsed this two different ways. The first parsing led me to think ā€œshould there be a Donald Trump Presidency-Elect Dead Poolā€? The second parsing led me to think "that would never stop being a gloomy ā€˜Fuck Todayā€™ (like thereā€™s ever a cheery ā€˜Fuck Todayā€™?)

Iā€™ve been reading things elsewhere but worry about getting my hopes raised and then tumbled deep into an endless abyss of despair, but I kind of hope for a Presiden-cy Dead Pool, as long as itā€™s a short-term one

2 Likes

But how is your mom feeling?

4 Likes

A double-whammy today: Fidel died and then Ron Glass (Shepherd Book in Firefly) so thatā€™s two of my dreams shatteredā€¦

The rum-swilling son I mentioned earlier in this thread was actually conceived in Cuba, and my wife reneged on an agreement to call him Fidel should such a blessed conception result in a boy.

17 Likes

I think my cat Katy has decided that 20 is old enough. Wonā€™t eat, canā€™t seem to remember how to drink water. I boarded her at the vet this week while I was out of town, because I was worried; they gave her fluids once, which probably perked her up enough to eat for a few days, but she hasnā€™t really managed to consume anything since I picked her up this morning. Seems like itā€™s finally time.

32 Likes

Iā€™m sorry. Losing a pet is always tough.

22 Likes

It was. I was going to take her back to the vet tomorrow morning (knowing that she probably wouldnā€™t come home again), but she didnā€™t make it. I donā€™t think my family has had a pet that died at home before. :sob:

29 Likes

are you saying I could have had horns growing out of my abdomen instead of period cramps? because that would have been RAD

(on second though, very inconvenient for stomach sleepers; also, sex would be complicated)
(please donā€™t take my advice on body modifications ever)

8 Likes

Iā€™m very sorry for your loss. Damn. Twenty years is impressive. She was a stud.

9 Likes

:frowning: we lost our last cat at 20 (I say we, Iā€™d moved out a few years earlier by thenā€¦).

10 Likes

She was a tough kitty, all right.

14 Likes

Two today, one massively worse than the other, but both deserving of a Fuck Today.

14 Likes

So very sorry for your loss.

12 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry. The silver lining is twenty years is a helluva good run for a cat. Thatā€™s practically centenarian territory for the little darling.

I lost my cat three months before his 20th birthday and whereas I was sad for a long, long time, being reminded his time with me was a sign of how lucky he was to avoid the diseases that many cats succumb to and how well-cared for he was did lessen the grief a little.

18 Likes

My sister had a skittish cat so they started her on some kitty-anti-anxiety meds a week before coming to my wedding (Wisconsin to Massachusetts trip).

Turns out that thereā€™s 0.5% of the cat population that reacts negatively to said medication and she was dead in two days.

10 Likes

That is heartbreaking.

7 Likes

Couldā€™ve been worse. A friend who was going to do a reading lost their baby 2 weeks earlier (undiagnosed preclampsia).

8 Likes

As far as I know, those are the only two deaths associated with my wedding.

11 Likes