Fuck Today (Part 1)

9 Likes

Yes, itā€™s piling up. gr* darn f*

4 Likes

Iā€™m happy to cross that bridge when we come to it.

1 Like

Just checking in to tell today to fuck right off and try again tomorrow. It has failed and Iā€™m just done with it and itā€™s shit.

14 Likes

You know, I was about to say I couldnā€™t get behind the electoral college stopping Trump here, but I just reconsidered. I thought about all the possible consequences of them doing so - from a continuous string of impeachments on the lesser end to domestic terrorism and civil war on the other - and it occurred to me that one obvious consequence of them doing so would be overwhelming momentum to get rid of the electoral college. So then it wouldnā€™t be around to stop that future commie after all.

I mean, if you are going to have four years of chaos (and you are, either way) then you might as well get some kind of lasting change out of the deal.

2 Likes

What weā€™ve got is a further opportunity for Dems to fight with each other and for the Republicans to laugh at them.

All I can hope for is severe buyers remorse for those that voted for Trump.

Iā€™m too depressed for anything else.

11 Likes

That article about Poland today was pretty depressing. It sounds like things are going to hell and people who voted for things going to hell are pretty happy with the way things are progressing towards hell.

7 Likes

Trump will have approval ratings in the Rod Blagojevich zone before he gets his ass thrown out.

7 Likes

Iā€™d (much) rather have him for President.

9 Likes

Or the ones that voted for Stein and threw the election to Trump in WI, PA, and MI.

Trump will have approval ratings in the Rod Blagojevich zone before he gets his ass thrown out.

I grew up with Illinois politics at around the same time RB did, and to be honest thereā€™s nothing he did that wasnā€™t considered SOP back in the 70s. Or even today: in any state where the governor fills an open Senator seat, that governor will be using his power for political purposes and expecting some promised tit for tat before the appointment. They just usually arenā€™t so open about it.

3 Likes

Three electors in WA voted for Colin Powell and one voted for Faith Spotted Eagle. WA went to Hillary. Thanks a fucking heap guys.

18 Likes

Maybe the Democratic Party will have a come to Jesus moment, be more progressive and less corporatist, and not actively torpedo the more progressive members of its party. Maybe they will fight Trump every step of the way until people are nostalgic for the bipartisanship of the Obama Era. Maybe the next Democratic nominee will court younger and more liberal voters, campaign in the Rust Belt, andā€¦ who am I kidding, these guys are the jabronis of US politics, theyā€™ll do none of that.

7 Likes

How much ā€œless corporatistā€ is enough to avoid the purity purges of ā€œconscienceā€?

Good god these morons.

9 Likes

Okay, fine. More corporatist. Iā€™ll just continue to vote against my interests. It doesnā€™t matter.

1 Like

Someone in Maine tried to vote for Sanders and wasnā€™t allowed to, apparently. Someone in Hawaii, too?

So those Hamilton Electors were really organized, as well as taking votes away from their own candidate they protested by picking 5 or 6 different protest candidates. I thought the plan was to coordinate with Rep Electors to pick someone theyā€™d be prepared to switch to, not protest against the Democratic candidate?

I look forward to another purity fight between Booker and Warren (or some similar matchup) in 4 years time.

9 Likes

Well, itā€™s finally official now.

5 Likes

Youā€™re not really arguing with me with that response :stuck_out_tongue:

It was a serious question, what would be enough so that the ā€œtake their ball and go homeā€ crowd wouldnā€™t grandstand?

Seriously, what chucklefucks.

4 Likes

Finally. Donald Trump can release his tax returns!

11 Likes

Yup, and tell us how heā€™s going to address his many conflicts of interest.

12 Likes

Iā€™d have no problem with either of those if theyā€™d been actual candidates.

10 Likes