Fuck Today (Part 1)

My (old and alzheimery) grandfather is in the hospital for bleeding on the brain.

7 Likes

Oh, take care.

4 Likes

I donā€™t know what to say. Every time I feel like things are going sideways for me, somebody else pops in with something worse. Iā€™m sorry it had to be you this time.

4 Likes

My heart goes out to you and yours right now.

4 Likes

Oh no. Big internet hug to you and the fam.

1 Like

I have the flu. Which means no chorus practice tonight. And of course I feel rotten.

Went to a party on Friday night, so I think I brought it home, not the kids. One is definitely showing signs as well.

A small problem, relatively speaking, but yuck.

P.S. I had the flu shot about a month ago, so this might be one of those years when the flu that takes over is not one of the predicted ones.

4 Likes

Fuck today. Bowie died.

11 Likes

Reading that comment today makes me extra special sad.

And for anyone else feeling run-down todayā€¦

14 Likes

Walking pneumonia. Will lose the whole week.

11 Likes

Better than losing your life?
Take care of yourself!

5 Likes

Thatā€™s horrid. When that happens, I draw a hot bath, get in there and try to forget everything.

2 Likes

Damn! I hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

Oh no. Hope youā€™ve got someone there to look after you. Hereā€™s to a speedy recovery.

2 Likes

Get well soon!

3 Likes

Worst translation project ever - much longer than advertised, transcribing from audio with overlapping, mumbled and rushed speech, and itā€™s a police interview about incest among children. Thatā€™s not even touching on the more disturbing parts. Two days of listening carefully to family tragedy repeated again and again so I donā€™t miss any of the meaning. Iā€™m finished now, so I think Iā€™ll go and have a bath in acid.

2 Likes

I canā€™t ā€œlikeā€ that, but Iā€™ll adopt what we do on another site and just say:
Witnessing for you.

4 Likes

Fuck this week. Bowie and Rickman. Fuck cancer. Fuck these feelings I have today.

14 Likes

Is it just me, or did later David Bowie and David Lynch end up sharing a striking resemblance.

If there werenā€™t so many pictures of them in the same room I would have started to wonderā€¦

Oh, and to stay in the spirit of this thread: fuck 2016.

3 Likes

Fuck that I got no schoolwork done today, despite having one week left of my intersession class, and two reports to write. Instead of working, I spent the day on the couch resting, recovering from what was apparently a bad case of food poisoning.

5 Likes

I realize Iā€™m late to this threadā€¦ Butā€¦

I spent with the day with my uncle whoā€™s been suffering from a critically serious case of Pneumonia. 4 hours and counting off the ventilator now, with a signed DNR.

It looks like he might pull through the Pneumonia. So the unidentifiable aggressive cancer will get to kill him within the month.

Fuck today. Fuck cancer.

15 Likes