Fuck Today (Part 1)

1 Like

Itā€™s not like Iā€™ve just noticed it (Iā€™ve experienced English xenophobia directed at me before, although it was relatively mild), but how is this still a thing?

I think thatā€™s enough internet for me today. Theodicy is one thing, itā€™s the anthropodicy thatā€™s really depressing.

6 Likes

There are countless example of this everywhere right now.

The outright racists have been empowered by the referendum result.

11 Likes

Not that thereā€™s any chance of it happening, but even if the referendum were repeated or annulled, that damage has been done.

3 Likes

What would the ā€œreverseā€ even be, going up to black people and Latvians and saying ā€œhey, we donā€™t have enough of you people, so glad we voted Remain!ā€

???

If England is a stable, and its ā€œgenuineā€ denizens horsesā€¦ what kind of horses? Workhorses? Show horses with fancy manes and all that? Meat horses? Or just a bunch of wild horses that need to be broken with a bridle and spur?

13 Likes

Have you ever seen Children of Men? It deals with this sort of thing and gives this outcomeā€¦ Rounding up immigrants and shipping them off.

Itā€™s a great, but fucking depressing movie and the last 20 minutes could be triggering if you have PTSD.

12 Likes

Houyhnhnms and Yahoos. Apparently the latter have a voting majority.

3 Likes

I think it would be the Muslims imposed sharia law on the country with the EU illuminati backing them. At least that what I think the ā€œLeaveā€ voter who tweeted that thought it would be.

The UK has quite a class system. It has all those kinds of horses. Guess which one David Cameron was, guess which one he is now!

4 Likes

Can I just sayā€¦ do not read this novel if youā€™re at a cabin in the woods far away from civilization where you and your Dad have gone to ā€œget awayā€ for a bit following the death & funeral of your Mother. THAT IS NOT A GOOD TIME TO READ THAT BOOK. kthnxbai

16 Likes

I left my beer in the bottom of my cart when I left the grocery store. :sob:

22 Likes

This is a Fuck Last Weekā€¦
We lost another critter ā€“ our latest addition, Lucy.

Post your pet or animal pics
She got really ill after a vet visit last Saturdayā€¦ Vomited up everything, even water, so she spent every day last week a the vets getting IV fluids and getting evaluated for whatever was going on. After blood tests and a barium x-ray series, it looked like multiple issues including pancreatitis and a portion of her intestine that wasnā€™t working ā€“ with those issues plus not eating for 7 days the prognosis wasnā€™t good. Given her pain, and poor prognosis, we decided to put her to sleep this past Saturday.

The wife vehemently said ā€œNo more dogs!ā€ this weekend, but today at lunch she was perusing her favorite rescue groupā€™s websiteā€¦

34 Likes

Some teenager is thanking youā€¦:wink:

8 Likes

We had our last dog (a Labrador) euthanized after poor prognosis for cancer. He was our blue star: only five years on this planet but he celebrated every day of his time here. I was cradling his head when they injected the needle. Iā€™ll never, ever forget the weight I began to feel in my hands in those next few seconds. I broke like glass on stone at that moment.

27 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry to hear this. She was a beautiful girl. :cry:

16 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry. I was there when I lost my pooch, and Iā€™ve missed him every day since. Thereā€™s a bond there thatā€™s real and profound.
Take it slow.

17 Likes
5 Likes

Yesterday I noticed that my sweet and delightful pet hedgehog was having a bit of trouble walking. Sheā€™d been a little lazy so Iā€™d been extra scrutinizing. This morning sheā€™s worse and is wobbling while standing, which is the symptom of Wobbly Hedgehog Syndrome. Sheā€™s about 2.5 years old which is in the range when the issue tends to appear. Fuck. Itā€™s a genetic issue since there was too much inbreeding when they were first starting breeding in the US. Thereā€™s no treatment, just a steadily progressing paralysis. Have to go to the vet to confirm, and my wifeā€™s out of town, so itā€™s more of a pain to get to the vet, and Iā€™m alone on top of it, and not sure if I want to mention it until she gets back since sheā€™s on the road for a long drive and might be better off not dwelling on it for hours alone in a car. If confirmed, the recommendation is to euthanize since thereā€™s no treatment and itā€™s a progressive neurodegenerative disease that ends in paralysis. Maybe itā€™s some kind of injury or something, but things look dismal. Iā€™m dying inside.

38 Likes

I am so very sorry. For what itā€™s worth, I was on your wifeā€™s side of a somewhat similar situation, and my SO waited to tell me. I think it made it harder on him, but I appreciated being able to make it home safely, then break down in tears where he could hug me.

21 Likes

So many hugs for you. I say donā€™t tell her until you get the diagnosis. Maybe its just a parasite or ear mites or something treatableā€¦ and even if it is the worst you wonā€™t need to act on it that very moment. Youā€™ll be able to take her home and prepare and have time with her and wait for your wife to get home. (This is said as someone who had to call her BF in Peru to tell him about his catā€¦ right before xmas. Make the call after the diagnosis, not before.) And again, so many hugs.

22 Likes

Aw, christ. Not the princessā€¦ sheā€™s got a whole country to run and the free world to lead (politely) come November.

Iā€™m so so sorry to hear this and that youā€™re going through this particular moment alone. Know that lots of internet strangers are there for you in spirit, though, and wish they could be physically by your side to support you.

23 Likes