Fuck Today (Part 1)

I’m so sorry; that sucks.

7 Likes

So, very sorry. The Princess has brought so much joy – she really is the leader we need.
HedgeHugs to y’all.

14 Likes

19 Likes

Noooooo =(

14 Likes

Sending best wishes and hoping it’s something manageable and not the worst case scenario. America is counting on her!

12 Likes

Oh damn.

I’m sorry to hear that.

10 Likes

Fuck, man. I’m sorry to hear that. It sounds like you made the right choice for her but I know first hand that doesn’t make it any easier.

Gah, 2016 just keeps getting worse.

11 Likes

oh no not Princess Pricklepants! noooooo.

13 Likes

Oh, damn, @nemomem. Princess Pricklepants is truly one of us. I’m hoping that she’s just a bit under the weather and whatever is making her wobble is something else–something easily treatable. I will keep positive thoughts!

11 Likes

Thanks guys. Well, the good news is they looked at her for a while and it might not be WHS. There seems to be some kind of swelling/growth near her back leg that’s making her wobble and not be able to walk. They’ve got her and are going to sedate/xray/blood test/biopsy the lump to sort out what’s going on with that. Big vet bill :frowning:

Usually hedgehogs go into murderball mode at the vet. and they have to sedate them to look at them, but besides biting me once, Her Highness was quite polite.

Her legs are weak, but she can still get around.

32 Likes

She is happy at least and doesn’t seem uncomfortable. Yes I was at the vet. taking pictures. You don’t need to judge me, I’m already covering that.

32 Likes

I’m glad you were. She’s every bit a part of the community here as anyone else is. Stay strong, both of you.

21 Likes

Of course, she lives up to her reputation. I never had any doubts.

I’m relieved it’s not WHS, and I hope her biopsy shows a benign growth that is easily removed.

(Sorry about the vet bills…:mask: The photos are too cute.)

14 Likes

Oh man, she looks pissed off! Understandable, I hate going to the doctor too! :wink:

6 Likes

What a cutie. I know how staggering those vet bills can be, but they are worth every penny. Hoping for the best here.

12 Likes

So hoping for the best for you and the Princess. The whole BBS is rooting for you both!

16 Likes

Well, that’s better news and I don’t blame you a bit for taking pictures; she’s too cute.

11 Likes

All hedgehogs have a resting grumpy face. You can tell their mood by the angle of their quills, the flatter the happier, and they’ll roll up quickly into a pain ball if they’re really upset So she was medium happy.

Yep, you can buy a hedgehog, but once it’s part of your family it’s priceless.

We got back from picking her up. Her nodes are really swollen which is either an infection or cancer. And she has the mystery lump which is probably either an infection or cancer. They did the biopsy-like-thing they call something else and have sent it to the lab, so we’ll know more next week. For now we’ll be giving her antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory and hoping.

You can see the lump/light colored patch in the xray by her hip. They’re thinking that it’s probably pressing on nerves, making it harder to walk, and when we carefully observed her semi-walking, she seemed to have a lot more trouble with that leg. You can see how much of their body is that mantle/whatever covered in quills in the xray with is interesting (intellectualizing is a coping strategy). And thanks for the kind words everyone, this is rough.

27 Likes

I’ll judge. That’s a damn graceful hedgehog in damn good hands.

21 Likes

Those x-rays are fascinating.

15 Likes