Fuck Today (Part 1)

6 Likes

Obvious but stillā€¦

7 Likes

Most mornings I read nola.com, this morning I got treated to this wonderful sentence:
ā€œLouisiana remained the nationā€™s most murderous state for a 31st consecutive year.ā€
Woohoo

9 Likes
8 Likes

I think that calls for a tshirt, ala the ā€œbad things happen in Phillyā€ trendā€¦

Stay safe!

4 Likes

I wish the goverment had the guts to nationalize the forest industry.

7 Likes

This sucks.

10 Likes

Nooooooo!

5 Likes
10 Likes

Hereā€™s another one - this time itā€™s a man. Apparently, heā€™s been making racist, misogynistic, and transphobic remarks :angry::

14 Likes

What the actual fuck?

7 Likes

Iā€™m glad they got fired for this. Now we need to start firing them for killing people.
19 Likes

Well, given that they were policing Maine, they likely didnā€™t realize what coon meant when used as a pejorative.

Oh, they know. And despite the fact that they were beating porcupines to death (probably because theyā€™re slow, gentle creatures who are easily caught) and not raccoons, the story did have an unsavory racist feel to it. Like one of them exclaiming, ā€œI got him!ā€ after beating one poor critter to death. Justā€¦so many levels of ā€œfuck today.ā€

10 Likes

If theyā€™re going to use cop psychology, they really should keep an eye on these budding serial killers.

11 Likes

I think itā€™s part of the recruitment strategy. :cry:

9 Likes

My cousin and his husband have been having pretty serious substance abuse problems for the last few years, since my uncle died suddenly from cancer.

We donā€™t know the extent of it, but the husband has had a long history of seizures that the doctors canā€™t seem to diagnose, but which seem to get better when he has been committed for a few days after his periodic psychotic breaks. You can probably do the math; the rest of the family has. Even my cousin at one point had started having seizures.

Lately, they both were on the mend. Had jobs, less health issues. Managing to hold down those jobs, and seemed to be trending in the right direction.

I got the call about 11 last night that the husband had passed. They were napping before my cousin was going to his night shift job, and he awoke to his husband being gone, speculated to be a seizure where he ended up face-down in a pillow or something.

Itā€™s hard. I tried to help them out, when they couldnā€™t hold a job I paid one month of their rent based on an honest conversation where my cousin cops to what was going on, and I tell him that we love them and are worried, and they need to get their shit togetherā€“but we canā€™t enable them. They paid back that money and as I said seemed like they were doing better. Now my cousin is shatteredā€“againā€“and I wonder if Iā€™ll have to say goodbye to him too soon.

20 Likes

Iā€™m very sorry for your and your cousinā€™s loss. I truly hope that he will make it through.

eta: looked back and saw a missing ā€œrā€

15 Likes

Itā€™s so damned hard to walk the line between help and enabling. Everyone ends up suffering.
I hope your cousin pulls through. His loss must be devastating. Please also take care of yourself and your other family members too. My sympathies. :cry:

16 Likes

Prosecute. They will sometimes get fired, but they need to be put on trial for killing people.

11 Likes