Fucking NY Times

Remember kids - you aren’t even part of a family!

14 Likes

“She was hired to write these pieces, because hectoring The Left supposedly from within is what her brand is, so she will keep writing them.”

Emphasis added.

8 Likes
14 Likes

Given much of the media, including the NYT, see us transes as men cosplaying women, I’m not surprised they wouldn’t want to correct it - they see what they wrote as correct. Assholes the lot of 'em.

10 Likes

https://nytletter.com

Wednesday, February 15, 2023

For the attention of Philip B. Corbett, associate managing editor for standards at The New York Times.

Dear Philip,

We write to you as a collective of New York Times contributors with serious concerns about editorial bias in the newspaper’s reporting on transgender, non⁠-⁠binary, and gender nonconforming people.

Plenty of reporters at the Times cover trans issues fairly. Their work is eclipsed, however, by what one journalist has calculated as over 15,000 words of front⁠-⁠page Times coverage debating the propriety of medical care for trans children published in the last eight months alone.

The newspaper’s editorial guidelines demand that reporters “preserve a professional detachment, free of any whiff of bias” when cultivating their sources, remaining “sensitive that personal relationships with news sources can erode into favoritism, in fact or appearance.” Yet the Times has in recent years treated gender diversity with an eerily familiar mix of pseudoscience and euphemistic, charged language, while publishing reporting on trans children that omits relevant information about its sources…

it’s signed by close to 300 Times contributors.

15 Likes
11 Likes
12 Likes

11 Likes

send parents cash monthly for each child

… I believe they used to call that “welfare” :confused:

6 Likes
7 Likes
10 Likes

14 Likes

8 Likes
10 Likes

… the what :confused:

oh right

7 Likes
10 Likes

I like the bit at the end about The Guardian too.

Katharine Viner has destroyed a once respectable newspaper. Yes, they allowed TERs to write opinion pieces before she became editor, but It wasn’t like the daily two minute hate we have now. I’m amazed she hasn’t been able to purge the Guardian US staff.

10 Likes

11 Likes

Usually when someone “leaves their post”, they don’t have a boot up their backside.

10 Likes

Most recently they were calling it Biden trying to buy voters!

I guess they saw that people liked it? I assume their version would only support white children and would require the parents and the children to undergo twice weekly piss tests

6 Likes