Fucking NY Times

Correction: October 25, 2020
An earlier version of this article was published in the New York Times. That newspaper is now Highlights Magazine.

14 Likes

Please, Highlights has standards…

10 Likes

What the actual shit.

10 Likes

the times editors keep their scrambled eggs in their head refrigerators.

8 Likes

There are fine fridges on both sides/s

9 Likes

hey, I played the quiz this morning and it was funny and not easy. I made the average score of only 53% correct guesses. Fun part was when the quiz would ask “point to an item that makes you think this is a tRump (or Biden) refrigerator”.
the Country Crock or Shedd’s Spread (fake butter tubs) along with gallons of soda pop or Velveeta were give aways to tRumpers, but tidy, veggie-laden, organized fridges were not necessarily a Biden supporter tell. Expensive yogurt or decent beers (Guinness was one) were obvious Dems. Try it. kinda fun snooping in folk’s fridges but not too telling of political persuasion.

3 Likes

Agreed, I just took it from this link and it was pretty interesting! Definitely made me see some of my own (mostly unfounded) biases related to food choices.
And it made me feel much better about the organizational status of my own fridge :grimacing:

2 Likes

It absolutely does not, you fucking numpties.

16 Likes

Update: they’ve deleted the tweet, but the inaccurate information is still in the article itself:

In the United States — which, unlike many other countries, does not have a national electoral commission — the role of calling the winners of presidential elections falls to the news media.

13 Likes

14 Likes

I expect her to be bombarded by clips from 45’s rallies, with close-ups of the T-shirts and baseball caps. There are plenty of Fuck Your Feelings slogans there, so she should just Get Over It. I believe that’s the level of civility she expected, based on the tone set by the candidate she supported.

10 Likes

I enjoyed that. And extracting data from seemingly innocuous sourced is fun. Plus they interviewed Island Boy “Hoops” McElroy for this, and anyone who is a fan of the McElroys can’t be evil at heart.

Make it stop…

12 Likes

He’ll be getting his wish - they’ll be running from the country.

11 Likes

I haven’t read it, and I’m not going to, because what kind of fucking centrist both sides rube do you have to be to fall for fascist minions doing the bidding of the extremists while leaking to the papers that doing so gives them the feels? Fucking NY Times centrist both sides stoopid is how.

6 Likes

Then quit, assholes. It’s not that difficult.

9 Likes

Not only that, but I’m pretty sure it’s an ethical obligation. You know like bailing on Bannon when he suggests beheading people.

9 Likes

13 Likes

Bret Stevens whines about theNew York Magazine ditching Andrew Sullivan.

For the new left — and the publications that champion it — the loss is much greater. It makes them predictable, smug and dull. It alienates readers. A current article on the New York magazine website is titled, “I Think About Björk’s Creativity Animal a Lot.” For gems such as this they got rid of Sullivan?

“The Cut”-- New York’s women’s imprint – publishes a lot of fluff, a lot of fashion, a lot on lipstick, and more than occasionally, decent articles on “Me Too” and women’s issues.

It’s not a zero sum game-- men don’t get fired to free up space for yet another feature on “17 eye creams that actually work.” Rather, the magazine publishes a wide variety of content, so that it can afford to pay for think pieces. It’s like that newspaper you work for, Mr Stephens, publishing many articles that each might appeal to to a sliver of it’s subscriber base.

Andrew Sullivan saw his role in the magazine as drawing the libs in with occasional insights and then repelling them to offer up stuff to “prove” his conservative credentials. It got old, particularly when
he insisted on dredging up the bell curve and other racist shit.

3 Likes

Except he ditched them. He quit for another job. Then wined about his decision in order to get free publicity for his new venture.

9 Likes