Fucking NY Times

Classic!
(Not classy, though.)

6 Likes

Guess why:

10 Likes

Magical History Tour Edition

9 Likes

Like parties, IMHO the paper has changed a bit since then.

13 Likes

Well, that was an infuriating read!
Get this, turns out the Dems didn’t mean for anything to pass :woman_shrugging:t2:

The Democrats’ Christmas Eve gambit on the House floor was never meant to pass, but the party’s leaders hoped to put Republicans in a bind — choosing between the president’s wishes for far more largess and their own inclinations for modest spending.

By Emily Cochrane and Luke Broadwater For future reference…

9 Likes

Quite beautiful rhetoric: the blame on it not being passed is not placed on those who voted against it, but rather on those who voted for it. That’s some doubleplusgood centrism at work right there.

Thinking it could be passed and thinking it should are different things. I’d guess that at some point they were even optimistic given that the leader said he wanted it too. Fucking NYT didn’t though.

8 Likes

Yeah, I hadn’t heard of this guy before but he wrote a good run down of media failures 2020 here:

From the article:

Since April, Republicans have been sabotaging all negotiations, and since April the press has tagged Both Sides for not passing a relief package that is universally seen as crucial to the country’s economic survival. It’s an astonishing abdication of journalism. When McConnell last week torpedoed the bipartisan bill being worked on in the Senate, a Politico reporter tweeted, “MCCONNELL puts out message that the bipartisan deal won’t work for senate Rs.”
Wouldn’t normalcy and clarity call for, “MCCONNELL blocks bipartisan deal”? Indeed, why haven’t we seen a year’s worth of “Republicans Block Covid Relief” headlines from the Beltway media? The irony is that last winter, the press relentlessly attacked Democrats for “blocking” the first Covid relief bill, when Democrats briefly held out for key improvements to the HEROES Act.

Sometimes when I try to donate blood, my blood pressure is too low and they won’t let me donate. I have the feeling that bookmarking this site will solve that problem. Blood pressure already seems higher than normal.

11 Likes

jebus. they do realize the gigantic tax gifts the republicans gave out even before the pandemic are also spending, right? the modern republican party has never been shy about spending

i guess some people only like to listen to what people say, not look at what they actually do

9 Likes

The large percentage of voters that fall into this category is why we are in our current political situation. One day, someone will figure out how to exploit this (through subliminal messaging, pirate podcasts, hijacking the signal, etc.) to bring them back from the dark side.

5 Likes

Tomorrow’s front page looks pretty legit.

12 Likes

Online version has under the mob article five big grey quotes about it rotating. Biggest words on the page after the initial head. The quotes are from McConnell, Graham, Mittens, Loeffler, and Hawley.

NYT is all in on having them arbitrate where the centre is.

Fuck that none of them has rejected their party’s behaviour and racism, the vote suppression and failure of government.

11 Likes
10 Likes

Instead of letters from people supporting democracy and fighting the insurrection?

Must be trying to market subscriptions to all those people kicked off Twitter and who miss their Parler right now.

11 Likes

What the actual fuck?!?

9 Likes

That’s from 2018… but still. WTAF?

13 Likes

Is there such a thing as stochastic journalism?

6 Likes

Sorry- didn’t notice that!

7 Likes

Well, it’s so on brand for the NYT and very easy to believe even now they’d do something like this… let’s not forget that infamous editorial by Cotton this summer about the BLM protests.

11 Likes
8 Likes