Fucking NY Times

Wait, you have a right to speak your mind and voice your opinion without fear of being shunned? I don’t think someone read the first ammendment properly.

11 Likes

Holy carp.

No, I think what’s “dangerous” is the NY Fucking Times echoing far-right talking points.

And that rag is supposed to be a sober alternative to Fux News?!

6 Likes

Depluralizing means expressing opinions that differ from the New York Times. It’s all so clear. Freedom of association does not exist in the Constitution. Shunning is not expression of an opinion.

Except in the First Amendment, you smegheads!

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/amdt1-8-1/ALDE_00013139/

The First Amendment protects many activities, such as communication, assembly, and worship, that are not solely personal but may be based on communities and relationships of all kinds (that is, association). Even though the First Amendment’s text does not expressly identify a freedom of association,1 the Supreme Court has recognized this right as an indispensable means of preserving other First Amendment freedoms.2Specifically, the Court has recognized a right to associate for the purpose of engaging in speech, assembly, petition for the redress of grievances, and the exercise of religion.3

7 Likes

Meanwhile, also from the editorial board.

10 Likes

I would think instead that a lesson they’re already learning on some campuses is that protests work.

Not that the NY Times bigwigs want to ever acknowledge that lesson.

6 Likes

yeah, right editors. 'cause none of those students are facing any consequences. none have been injured, none have been traumatized, none have been arrested, suspended, or kicked out of school. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

( also nice to minimize the faculty who have been right there with the students… also facing those same results. for peacefully protesting )

6 Likes

“Angel said this piece was in editing at the NYT and then was mysteriously, uh, CANCELLED. They did find space for a piece from the mendacious cretin Mark Penn about how Biden needs to ignore the disgusting Muslims voters and reach out to Haley voters.”

11 Likes

“This shunning of fucking arseholes who continue to have terrible opinions and support hideous crimes feels like a third rail, powerful, and driving us forward into a better future.”

Fixed that for you NYT Editorial Team.

7 Likes
4 Likes
8 Likes

… so they’re saying if a state is, or would be, a theocracy that persecutes minorities, then it should not exist or be recognized :thinking:

8 Likes

If You Say So Shrug GIF

5 Likes

After the bit about protestors needing to learn their beliefs with consequences, and free speech depends on people not facing them, I begin to suspect the NYT might not care about logical coherence in their arguments.

3 Likes
1 Like

Found this today- it seems like the right place for it.

https://molleindustria.itch.io/the-new-york-times-simulator

2 Likes
  • Featuring the passive voice and many common framing techniques

:face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Bruni’s current headline is “Trump’s Guilty Verdict May Be a Political Accelerant”

2 Likes

12 Likes

10 Likes