Fulton County: Trump's bond set at $200k

Originally published at: Fulton County: Trump's bond set at $200k | Boing Boing

7 Likes

$200k? Sounds poor.

19 Likes

Wait so… this is just the size of a pre-agreed penalty when he runs his idiot mouth or doesn’t show up to court, right? At first read I thought he was in the slammer until someone bails him out.

That said, if he is in the slammer, we can all agree not to post his bail, right? I mean, I’m not gonna. It’d be amazing if he just rotted in there 'cos nobody would loan him $200k and he doesn’t actually own any cash.

7 Likes

He can post the $200k himself if he wants. That’s just the amount to allow him to be free while waiting trial. The rest are additional conditions, although I don’t see what penalties will be served up when (not if) he violates those conditions.

14 Likes

200k? That’s it?!? Should be more like 200 million.

15 Likes

s/ m/ tr/

Edit^2: Gah. That hits more too. I really shouldn’t try to do regex when tired.

7 Likes

“The Defendant shall make no direct or indirect threat of any nature against any victim” so, since the victims in this case are the people of Georgia, he can’t threaten anybody in Georgia. Have I got that right?

15 Likes

Seems low.

Also, um, at some point are they going to take his passport(s) away? I mean, serious question. Especially if the trials start up and they are going bad for him. I don’t have a doubt he might try to flee to somewhere that doesn’t have extradition to the US. Some place like Saudi Arabia?

14 Likes

Get it in cash - don’t let him write a cheque.

8 Likes

I’m frankly surprised he hasn’t already run and done a “President in Exile” bit already. It plays up phenomenally into his ego…he can constantly say “I want to come back, but they just won’t let me!” and roll in money forever.

10 Likes

does he even have the money to post bail? can he dip into campaign funds for this?

2 Likes

I’m a Georgian. Threaten me, Trump! Come on – I dare ya!

7 Likes

feels game of thrones GIF

15 Likes

Don’t you mean “will he dip into campaign funds for this?”

14 Likes

My bet is Russian Foreign Intelligence has calculated that Agent Orange staying and fighting would promote the most chaos in American politics.

15 Likes

It’s not like he’s going to pay either amount himself.

11 Likes

Don’t you mean “What creative accounting has he used to get the ‘campaign fund’ to pay for this?”

7 Likes

200K? JFC that’s like what $20 bucks to a supposed billionaire?

Let’s get serious here Georgia.

5 Likes

… with Trump, there are no conditions until he’s locked up for violating them — that’s how we find out what they really are :unamused:

11 Likes

My understanding is that all of the conditions must be met to maintain his the out part of his “out on bond” status. That is, if he doesn’t post the $$$, or if he does threaten a witness, for example, bond is revoked, and he can be arrested and taken into custody.

IANAL.

11 Likes