Funny honest trailer about The Shining

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/30/funny-honest-trailer-about-the.html

1 Like

Come and watch our Galaxy Quest documentary with us, Tommy…

1 Like
7 Likes

But no, it’s a great movie.
More King would be more suck.

1 Like

There was so much wonderful about that, but I first laughed out loud at the final “funny” face.

I believe that was the joke, since it was followed up by a coked out King talking about making Maximum Overdrive.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can’t stand that guy (well, it’s his writing that I don’t care for, he’s OK).

2 Likes

They do have a solid point in the observation that Nicholson’s character seems creepy and “off” from the first scene onward, which is the actual opposite from how he’s portrayed in the novel.
When King made those dull The Shining miniseries years later, it seems that he put all his time and energy into redeeming that character, like he wanted to erase the Kubrick/Nicholson version from his legacy.
Wich makes it extra ironic that the new adaptation of Doctor Sleep keeps referencing the Kubrick version …

Probably the all-time best internet fake trailer…the Titanic “sequel” comes close.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.