Furries deplatform Milo

(My knowledge of convention running is mostly anime conventions, and an inside look at some of the smaller sci-fi cons.)

3 Likes

I missed that memo. Wow.

4 Likes

No, the heads are the only parts you need for bowling.

3 Likes

So when they watch, say, Blitz Wolf (Tex Avery, 1942) do they think the title character is supposed to be the protagonist?

14 Likes

And also figuring out legal angles, seeing if they can afford a lawyer, and if they need to worry about losing all material possessions if Milo decides to sue.

8 Likes

Speaking as somebody that’s actually going to MFF, fuck Milo I do not want him there.

see-that-guy-fuck-that-guy

Edit:

Oh, it looks like his membership has been refunded.

(I think the last letter really needs a red thumbprint to the bottom)

25 Likes

Same with Ed Kramer, with his sexual abuse of boys being an open secret for a while.

8 Likes

That appears to me to be a written declaration of the intent to commit the crimes of

• Tresspassing
  • Disturbing the Peace
  • Inciting to Riot

With that sort of warning, I could see him being met at the airport by police and put on the next plane home, at no expense to the convention organizers.

31 Likes

I’m sure Milo would like people to forget his history of comments glorifying pedophilia, including wishing the age of consent was 13 and talking about Hollywood parties he’s attended with young boys offering their bodies, yes indeed.

14 Likes

I don’t know if there’s a violin small enough.

7 Likes

A grifter’s bunion. Smeared in horse shit.

Far Right = Hate

Calling out your BS.

14 Likes

Hotel rooms at MFF are notoriously difficult to get; there’s a lottery to obtain them. Milo enlisted multiple people to enter the lottery to get ahold of two rooms. He’s been planning this stupid prank for awhile.

He’s correct that staying at the con hotel is not the same thing as con attendance. But as with the Furry Raiders, the con can have the hotel ban him from all public areas in which he would encounter convention attendees. That’s not part of the con ToS, that’s a public safety issue that the hotel will be more than happy to deal with.

22 Likes

It’s forum in-joke, dude; intended to mock the asshole in question’s name, not meant as a slight of the good people of Minneapolis.

Thanks for picking up my slack; I didn’t even get to see the original offending comment before the Tr0ll got himself eaten.

14 Likes

Just read the Bleeding Cool article on Ed Kramer; what a piece of filth.

5 Likes

Jay2’s quote reminds me of ‘Love the sinner and hate the sin’, and how that LGBTQ survivors of those beliefs have a very different view of it than that of the churches.

13 Likes

He’s a furry. It’d be a pawprint.

3 Likes

Yeah, unfortunately, given his roots in ATL fandom. Atlanta Magazine had a good article about him, too, a while back. But people defended him while all this was going on. I known both the film maker Joe Christ and the author Nancy Collins (Joe’s wife) came out against him, and spent time at his trial, and suffered some backlash over it. I’m sure that they weren’t invited back to D*Con (though maybe Nancy has come back in more recent years?).

Eventually, the other co-founders of Dragon*Con bought Ed out, and he has nothing to do with it now. Ed’s still very much alive, too, and living in the Atlanta area.

10 Likes

Also this situation:

This guy had been doing this for years, with no consequences.

[The Zimmer Bradley business was particularly ugly. Anyone curious about reading more about it should be aware it can be triggering.]

11 Likes

There were even non-straight angry white men high up in the Nazi party’s leadership (for a time—they were eventually murdered).

9 Likes

Looks like Milo isn’t the only far-right jerk who got de-platformed today. Buh-bye, Jay2.

13 Likes