Furries hit Pittsburgh

Its happened in my Scandinavian creator scene too… a lot of it stems from alternative scenes being attractive to seekers… in our case a few people got into Jordan Petersen and went down the rabbit hole of white persecution complex/anti-feminism. Essentially, the seeking that brought them to us, also brought them to these men’s rights groups and they are now cross pollinating.

My scene prides itself on inclusivity, so we don’t really have a good way of handling this. The hope is that they will be overwhelmed by the dominant culture in the scene. ie. they are easy enough to ignore over there. The worst case: they cause enough stink that vital members drift away.

1 Like

Thanks!
I’m currently finishing a huge 3D printer, so there will be more stuff soon :slight_smile:

In the furry fandom we have people like Dogpatch calling these yahoos out and getting their chat logs and posting them. Not going to change them but at least get everybody else to know what they are up to.

Also, Jordan Petersen? Fuck that guy.

4 Likes

Keep this in mind:

These guys are very good at weaponising tolerance. About the only way to keep them from coopting a group is to trap them (and unfortunately, you, in a way) with a paradox: “To belong here, you must be accepting of all. Since by your words and deeds you do not accept all, you cannot belong here.”

To be as inclusive as possible means not to be fully inclusive, simply because you have to exclude anyone who wishes harm to and can’t accept the basic humanity of other members of the group. There is, unfortunately, no way to be fully inclusive.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.