Galveston GOP Chairwoman says her text message with N-word was a "typo"

It is actually believable that the word just ‘magically’ appeared. Because of predictive input, if you habitually call people niBONG (and tell autocorrect that niBONG is a valid word), the phone will start suggesting niBONG a lot in previous contexts.

Of course then the question is what other slur she intended to call him - if she’s not just completely full of shit like a GOP member.

Indeed. I’ve been quite annoyed at how many times I have to go back and fix “duck” and “sit”. “Pay”, “chung” (which also shows up as “funny” or “chummy”), and “notch” are less of an issue for me as they are substitutes for words I don’t really use.

It’s like when Moses came down from the mountain and asked his people where the golden calf came from. They explained that it just somehow came to be.

Teachable moment. I approve in that context. Thanks, @Scientist!

7 Likes

SO many more reasons to take issue than physical appearance here.

15 Likes

Ironically, “niggard” would make sense in the context provided. But autocorrect never corrects to the slur, so yeah, not a typo.

4 Likes

Exactly.

14 Likes

Wowza, I’d sure be happy to duck around with her!

ducky

8 Likes

“I am saddened and hurt that anyone believes I am ‘racist’ against my own people,” said Waters, who identifies as “Latina/African-American.”

Can’t speak to whether that is a new claim, but make of it what you will. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes

Vajazzled Elephant Farts? WT…

Oh. As you were.

2 Likes

Because too often women are derided for how they look when being criticized while men are given a pass? That reason enough?

18 Likes

Sure, your house, your rules.

1 Like

Oh, I wish I had the presence of mind to archive damnyouautocorrect dot com when I noticed it stopped getting updates. Now it’s in the hands of a Vietnamese domain squatter.

So true, @ficuswhisperer! Like, do you know how hard I have to work to get my keyboard to not type “duck”! Duck me, it drives me crazy.

Just did a quick check…I spelled the word out entirely on my phone keyboard…and it STILL didn’t give it to me as a suggested word.

2 Likes

“A” typo? So wouldn’t that be 5 typos if it ended in a, or 6 typos if it ended in er?

OK, sure.
I’m fine with that.

And I, well, I regret my post.

3 Likes

If you use iOS, it helps to add a text replacement shortcut. It’s not 100% reliable but it defeats some of Apple’s puritanical curse word protection.

2 Likes

I want to be the grandma that ROFLs over a typo like that, and lets the grandkiddies know it. :joy:

8 Likes

Shenanigans

15 Likes

Absolutely

11 Likes