General Sportsball thread

Sigh. I will miss his seemingly effortless play of astounding shots and his lack of ego.

8 Likes
4 Likes

Apparently sparked by a cricket match

2 Likes
3 Likes

Previous permission for the inscription “Jesus” also barred

This will end well

I’m sorry, you can’t have the name of a current player in the Brazilian national team on your shirt, it’s a forbidden word.

5 Likes

These corporations stir more confusion whenever they try to avoid controversies. Do they, as people, miss the good old simpler days? /s

2 Likes

11 Likes
4 Likes

This will divide people, it is perfectly legal but not really the spirit.

1 Like

So is this a bit like tagging a runner on base who keeps trying to get a head start on their run, in that its allowable but seems shady?

3 Likes

Easy solution: don’t leave the crease.

Sure maybe it’s “not cricket” because it’s a bit of a trick. But . . . stay in the crease.

3 Likes

Nearly every batter in the short form of the game will take a foot or two, if the opposition think the batter is taking the mickey they will give an informal warning – but they do not have to, it is a rare occurrence and will leave grudges, it looks like the bowler did not discuss it with her teammates.

Easy to say…

2 Likes
4 Likes

i.e. they realized that many players aren’t willing to risk major injuries for a post season game that means every little to players

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s also a trial balloon for flag foorball to replace full contact. While they will deny it as long as they can, eventually either the law or lawsuits over CTE will force the NFL to reduce impact in the sport.

And, to be honest, it will improve the game. Flag football is faster and more fun to watch.

2 Likes