General Sportsball thread

FIFA is also a Swiss bank!

5 Likes

Somehow I doubt the Bosman ruling will be one of the EU employment obligations that the conservatives will be throwing on the bonfire. They reserve that for working hours and holidays for the poor, insecure, and temporary workers.

4 Likes

I’m starting to see a structure taking form.

FIFA at the top
Cities and owners next
Players, staff and sponsors next
And on the bottom, thousands and thousands of fans and spectators

It’s kinda triangular, but with three dimensions, maybe with a rectangular base…oh!

Heart Love GIF by Studios 2016

1 Like

Owen Moxon was in the squad for the Cumbrian Derby, so he probably isn’t going to leave now. Jon Mellish and Kristian Dennis were there too so the rumours about them probably aren’t true either.

As for the game

Mellish scored two goals, Dennis scored one and Moxon set up the other two. The attendance was 9,351, the most for a Carlisle midweek home game since 2008 and the highest this season. Lets hope for a larger crowd in March or April.

We’re in third place now, in the automatic promotion places, and we’re closer to the top of the league than dropping out of the play-off places. I’m a pessimist regarding Carlisle’s chances, we’ve been here too many times before and never made it at the end of the season, but I am starting to believe that this year might be different.

Carlisle did lose one player today, Ryan Carr left the U18s team to go to Ipswich Town.

Half an hour to go before the transfer window closes.

3 Likes

They would get rid of it if they could, but England (and it’s only England they care about) would be kicked out of UEFA if that happened.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Good news

Bad news

5 Likes

:thinking:

7 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Of course Carlisle had to score an own goal against 21st place Harrogate, who didn’t have a shot on target for the whole game.

It’s been three seasons now and Carlisle still haven’t beaten them. Lets get out of League Two and leave them behind.

At least Northampton didn’t win and go above us in the table.

4 Likes

superbowl sunday…
nobody’s on the water and if weather permits…
fishing!
“grouperbowl!”

11 Likes

I’m just looking forward to the movie trailers coming out then.

3 Likes

I loved that during the World Cup, we went out shopping and the mall looked like one of those ghost ones on YouTube!

8 Likes

I rarely fish for winter steelhead these days, but I might make an exception tomorrow just for the rare solitude on my local waters.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a jaunty portmanteau for “steelhead” and “Super Bowl.” There are spring Chinook salmon around… “Springerbowl!”

4 Likes

3 Likes

With a 9 point deduction for each rule breach, that should be enough for Man City to finish bottom of the North-West Counties league (I know it doesn’t work like that, but in this case I think it should).

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’m not taking any chances on missing out on a sure thing. Where’s that betting app? If they’re dumb enough to leak it, I’m dumb enough to bet it.

1 Like
5 Likes
10 Likes
6 Likes